Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello all. I am a treocentral newbie, long time lurker. I love this forum, because you guys have solved many problems that those sprintpcs "so-called" vision techs, have been left clueless on. This is why I come to you guys to assist me with my current enigma.

About a week ago, I purchased webpro. Great web browser, and a thousand times faster than Blazer in my opinion. Yet now all of a sudden, when I am sent a picture share from other pcs phones, and I attempt to download the picture to my phone with "Blazer", I get a message that "there is an error in the file type you are attempting to download". What is this? No matter how many pics I send myself. I've tried soft resets, hard resets, clearing the picture token, nothing works, and the people at Sprint are clueless. But I can download with "Webpro" with no problem.

Now downloading with Blazer worked fine before I installed Webpro, but how can Webpro be the culprit, when I've done a Hard Reset, and still get the same error message. It only happens with picture shares, and only with Blazer. Please tell me someone can help me. Thank you all in advance.

Sorry for the long post.... it's my first time
  2.    #2  
    Noone at all guys. Well thanks anyway. Guess I should've stayed quiet, and continued to just lurk in the shadows. Appreciate all those who did take the time out to atleast view my post. Guess I'm screwed.
    I was cruising by and noticed this thread. I didnt want to say anything BUT. Im having the same problem. And I KNOW it has something to do with webpro. I am just not understanding why its still not able to download pis from blazer even after I unistalled webpro go figure. I'll be on my way to doing a hard reset in a minute. Until then I have locked all my sms picture mail messages (just so i dont accidentally delete them) until I get this issue resolved. You are not alone T-Anderson. Im still tinkering with things myself to see if I can get it back up and running, but when and if I do I'll keep you posted

Tdaddeo6
    It is a problem with the new firmware. I have finally found a solution to the problem... However it has to be done on the website side, there is nothing that can be done on the treo. I have started upgrading my new site to work with ALL current firmwares but it is a slow process. Check it out:
    http://www.tavisjohn.com/treo600

There are loads of wallpaper. You can even surf it with your PC and hotsync the images to your Treo600. I believe I have one of the largest, easiest to navagate collections of wallpaper ever! And it is growing! Enjoy!
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn
    It is a problem with the new firmware. I have finally found a solution to the problem... However it has to be done on the website side, there is nothing that can be done on the treo. I have started upgrading my new site to work with ALL current firmwares but it is a slow process. Check it out:
    http://www.tavisjohn.com/treo600

There are loads of wallpaper. You can even surf it with your PC and hotsync the images to your Treo600. I believe I have one of the largest, easiest to navagate collections of wallpaper ever! And it is growing! Enjoy!
    If its a problem with the new firmware, how come the problem just started recently, instead of back in July, when I updated the firmware? It seemed to work fine up until I installed Webpro. And does anybody know why everytime you launch Webpro, it automatically sets itself as the default browser? I don't remember xinno, or webviewer doing this.
  6.    #6  
    Some help please. Someone has to know, what is causing this. PLease if you don't "know", do you have some suggestions?
  7.    #7  
    Well here's a little bit of info for Tavisjohn and Treodaddeo6. Just got a call from Sprint stating that it was a problem on their end, with almost all the Treo 600's (hmmm.... go figure, wonder why everybody ignored my thread then) .They say they have issued a trouble ticket, and should have the problem resolved soon.

So thank you everyone on Treocentral you've been such a big help...... no not really, I'm lying, you were no help at all. Goodday!
    Well they could have just told you that to get you off the phone "sir we've created a trouble ticket for this issue and it should be resolved soon" blah blah. I'll be hard resetting next time without webpro while I wait for this "trouble ticket" to be resolved
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    after hard resetting phone with NO information or programs left behind. I still can't download pics from picture shares. So it is something else unless webpro rolls back my firmware I am clueless to what could be happening.
    Maybe we are the only people who download pics from picture shares.... maybe we're the only ones who actually receive "picture mail." Or maybe we are the only ones who have received so much of it, Interesting....
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    If its a problem with the new firmware, how come the problem just started recently, instead of back in July, when I updated the firmware? It seemed to work fine up until I installed Webpro. And does anybody know why everytime you launch Webpro, it automatically sets itself as the default browser? I don't remember xinno, or webviewer doing this.
    Then I am unsure of the problem. If you would like to test it, you can go to my Treo600 website, and try downloading one of the Doom 3 Wallpapers... (Or one of the other ones that have been updated) and if that works, then what I said above is the solution...
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDaddeo6
    after hard resetting phone with NO information or programs left behind. I still can't download pics from picture shares. So it is something else unless webpro rolls back my firmware I am clueless to what could be happening.
    Maybe we are the only people who download pics from picture shares.... maybe we're the only ones who actually receive "picture mail." Or maybe we are the only ones who have received so much of it, Interesting....
    Hard resetting doesn't solve the issue. I've tried several times, which is why I believe it has to be a problem on Sprints server end. The strange thing to me, is that when you download the pic with Webpro, it is automatically in .zip format. Is this normal for every file downloaded with Webpro, or could this be part of the problem for Blazer?

TavisJohn, I will try your website and see what happens. I agree with you Treodaddeo6, maybe we are the only ones who download picture shares.
    The issue probably lies in the Exchange Manager and the settings that lie in the Unsaved Preferences file. The Vision PictureMessaging service presumably relies upon the fact that the Blazer Web browser is going to be used as the default browser.

You could try this as a temporary fix when you want to grab images - Go to the Default Applications Preference panel (In Prefs). Set Blazer/Web to be the default web browser.

I think what has happened is that WebPro has asserted its own file associations into the Unsaved Preferences file. This file contains the linkages between filetype and application which should handle them. e.g. when the Treo 600 installer adds the Word and Excel viewer software during your first HotSync, it sets up a MIME style linkage between any attachment or download of filetypes DOC or XLS and the Docs To Go Viewer software. If you were to corrupt or damage the Unsaved Prefs file, the linkage would be broken. Also if you were to install QuickOffice, it might change the linkage and make DOC and XLS files open in QuickOffice.

There is no application to allow editing of these connections. You can view them using a utility called Alarm List.
  13.    #13  
    O.K. Now I no longer have he option of making Webpro my default browser at all, and I still cant download pics with Blazer.
    this can't have anything to do with webpro, I've never used or loaded webpro and I am recently getting the same error. I'm guessing that thomasanderson is right that sprint changed the "download" link to point to a zip file which is causing the problem in blazer.
    -- berto
    Poryphyron is correct: The issue in fact is a corruption one of the Exchange Manager settings and the settings that lie in the Unsaved Preferences file. There are two ways to fix this: 1) delete the unsaved preferences file, though you will possibly loose some very minor data like gaming high scores, etc. And 2) use a file editor like rescoExplorer, which allows configuring your file associations within exchange manager via the control panel. What this means is that, for example, the EM file association for jpeg files is corrupt and needs to be reset either with a fresh unsaved prefs file or directly through EM. ASAIK only RE can do this and it is not free, but maybe the trial version will do this too.
    My issue is still unresolved. I did another hard reset again to see what was going on. Same problems. 103 picture mail messages are now locked and ready to be downloaded.
    We are in the clear everybody!!! I knew Sprint would listen to T.daddeo6
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDaddeo6
    We are in the clear everybody!!! I knew Sprint would listen to T.daddeo6
    Does that mean that it is working now?
    Treo Daddeo6
    What did you do to get it to work? Since recieving a replacement phone this week, I can not retrieve my shared pictures.
    A hard reset took care of the problem.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast