1.    #1  
    I've taken a song I like, and made a 20 second edited version, in MP3 form. How do I transfer it into resident memory? I'm tired of the SD card popping loose, and keeping my phone from ringing.
    Lwav converts the mp3 file into a .pdb file resident in the memory. You should try the shareware version and convert the file.
    Or you can do this:
    Go into blazer, and type in the following: file:///path/filename.mp3 and then hit enter. The Treo will ask if you want to download it, say yes. Voila!

Cheers,
    Brady
  4.    #4  
    good idea, Brady. But, for some reason, it will only let me save the file back to the memory card!

I will try the .PDB conversion and see if that works. I really want to put this file into resident memory, so it'll always ring, even when the card is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raschied
    good idea, Brady. But, for some reason, it will only let me save the file back to the memory card!

I will try the .PDB conversion and see if that works. I really want to put this file into resident memory, so it'll always ring, even when the card is out.
    that is exactly what lwav and mp3ringer does. if you card becomes ejected you can assign a ram mp3/wav/ogg ringtone. you will never miss a call this way.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    smiley88, are you saying that LWav and MP3ringer actually provide the method to save an MP3 to RAM, or are you saying that you are able to use LWav and mp3ringer to assign an mp3 (to RAM) that announces when the card is ejected? Thanks for clarifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWahoo
    smiley88, are you saying that LWav and MP3ringer actually provide the method to save an MP3 to RAM, or are you saying that you are able to use LWav and mp3ringer to assign an mp3 (to RAM) that announces when the card is ejected? Thanks for clarifying.
    Yes. both lwav and mp3ringer you take a given mp3/wav sound file from the external sd/mcc card and convert it to ram. once converted you dont need access to the sd card. this is why card ejection sound and ringtone is important.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I went w/ the pocket tunes guide and used the command-line tool par to convert the MP3 to a PDB

http://www.djw.org/product/palm/par/

kinda PITA though unless ya cut/paste