1.    #1  
    My t600 battery life seems to have diminished significantly over the last few months. I use my phone fairly often throughout the day and charge every night. I usually come home with about 60% battery life. Over the last few months, I've been down to 30-35%.

Not sure what gives. Anyone else experienced rapid battery loss. Any suggestions?

thanks.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    I've been kind of tracking this too. Seems like it started after installing Treo Butler, Treo Phone Technician, and Brightcam. I used to recharge every 2 or 3 days, but now it's about every day, or I'm running real low on juice. My phone is also a year old, and I would expect some diminished capacity over time.

I'm thinking about uninstalling these 3 apps, and seeing if it makes a difference. I'm betting it's BrightCam, powering the CMOS all the time. I didn't use the camera all that often before.
    pls let us know. the first treo's battery was good. but the 1st replacement is not too good. i installed brightcam but i did not even enable it. i am getting the 2nd replacement and i will try run it for a day without installing any apps on it.
    same here. i dont' have much applications installed. battery is fully charged the night before, in the morning i have 2 calls, 5mins each and my battery is around 50-60% left.
    i thought the t600 battery has around 3hours talk time?
    i want to take the t600 back to the sprint store for a replacement but i'll be down a week for shipping. but i'll take it back soon.

late.r
    I know the cold weather kills my battery life.
    I was just noticing this problem the past few days. I don't use mine a ton, but the battery drain is significant compared to say 6 months ago. Added with the crappy reception and occasional buzzing noise, I am unimpressed with the quality of this device as of late. Come to think of it, most of the things that impress me most about the Treo 600 are the 3rd party apps others have developed.
    I'm on my second replacement Treo from Sprint. When the battery started to go I experienced major problems with the wireless functionality. I know it was the battery causing the problems because it would work perfectly when in the cradle. Sprint didn't have any issue replacing it (again), except they charged me $10 to extend the warrantee for six months because my Treo was over a year old and hence beyond the original 1 year warrantee. If you can't get Sprint to replace it, the other option is to change the battery yourself with a kit that comes with a new battery and the necessary tools.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    I feel like my battery life is less now than it was a couple months ago - I (hope) agree with broman that maybe it's the cold weather - a couple of unscientific tests (i.e. near an open window, or in my jacket pocket on a cold day) show that the battery really plummets.
    I know sometimes I will power down my treo before I go into work and leave it in the car under my seat. When I power it down I will be @ 95% but after work when I turn on the wireless mode the battery will be @ 45% and if I don't charge it on the way home it will tell me to back up my data or I will loose my data it if the battery goes out.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    That's odd, because my phone seems to do just fine in cold weather...at least I have not noticed any irregularities and I'm in Chicago (I think it is 8 degree right now and I just got in).

The Treo battery is actually supposed to last about 6 hours, not 3, and mine definitely can make that...maybe more since I have the screen off during calls. I have not seen any diminished battery capacity since August, the time of my last replacement, and the Treo 600 prior to that lasted from April to August without battery issues as well.

I must say, this has to be one of the most unreliable phones on the market. Everyone seems to have some type of problem, and they all seem to be different problems.
    Just yesterday I noticed that my battery is draining extremely fast. I've done soft resets, hard resets, and even a battery disconnect reset.

The soft and hard resets solved nothing. I am hoping the battery disconnect reset works, but I honestly think it's too early to tell.

It's weird, though. It started happening yesterday, all of a sudden. Sure, I keep it in my pocket when I go out in the cold, but it was much colder in early December and nothing happened then.

UPDATE: I'm almost afraid to jinx it by writing this, but the battery disconnect reset seems to have fixed the problem. In fact, the idea to do so came to me from an archived thread that I found via Google. Over the last hour of standby my battery has only dropped 1%, when before it was dropping 1% about every couple of minutes.

If any of you try this, remember to first do a backup of all your data.
    Last edited by ndirish2001; 01/07/2005 at 09:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndirish2001
    Just yesterday I noticed that my battery is draining extremely fast. I've done soft resets, hard resets, and even a battery disconnect reset.

The soft and hard resets solved nothing. I am hoping the battery disconnect reset works, but I honestly think it's too early to tell.

It's weird, though. It started happening yesterday, all of a sudden. Sure, I keep it in my pocket when I go out in the cold, but it was much colder in early December and nothing happened then.

UPDATE: I'm almost afraid to jinx it by writing this, but the battery disconnect reset seems to have fixed the problem. In fact, the idea to do so came to me from an archived thread that I found via Google. Over the last hour of standby my battery has only dropped 1%, when before it was dropping 1% about every couple of minutes.

If any of you try this, remember to first do a backup of all your data.

excuse my ignorance, but what is a battery disconect reset???
    Quote Originally Posted by eighteight
    excuse my ignorance, but what is a battery disconect reset???
    It's a pain-in-the-**** reset that involves pressing the "K", "Backspace" and the "Reset" buttons simultaneously.

You can find the details from PalmOne HERE.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndirish2001
    It's a pain-in-the-**** reset that involves pressing the "K", "Backspace" and the "Reset" buttons simultaneously.

You can find the details from PalmOne HERE.
    I read through the link but still don't really understand what is accomplishes.

Tks for any input.