1.    #1  
    How long would it take to write approximately 200 mp3ís, averaging 5 MB per file, onto a standard SanDisk 512 MB SD card using the write process built into hotsync? Iím trying to avoid spending the money on a card reader if at all possible. Thanks.
    A long time! Spend the money...
    Last edited by millerhifi; 10/06/2004 at 09:29 PM.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I will tell you how to do it...but after you do it, you will wish you spent the $20 on the card reader!

1) Launch the install tool on your desktop.
    2) Drag your mp3s into the install window. By default you will see the install program wants to write them to the card.
    3) Hotsynch. Each MP3 will take about 3-4 minutes to copy over using this method...so you do the math with 200 songs.
    It will take long to do that sync than it will take to do a little panhandling to raise the $20 to buy yourself a reader.

Still want to do it? Go to Softick.com and download the trial of the card reader program there. From there it is just dragging and dropping. (and a putload of waiting)
    Hi guys

I am currently a T user waiting for the 650 to come out.

I use Ace Ripper to convert CD - MP3. I have Aero Player on my palm. I have a Fujitsu C series life book with an SD card slot.

How long should it take to copy sat a normal length album 10-12 tracks @ say 4 MB each?

It seems to take a lifetime the way I am currently doing it. Are independant card readers any quicker?

Cheers and thanks for any advice
    BBKBAZ
    There is a free alternative to Card Export - Palm File Browser (PFB). Not as convenient, but gets the job done:

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php..._Browser&cid=2

I have used it many times and it is a bit quirky sometimes, but it works and gets the job done.
    Hi Guys

So how long should it take to copy a standard MP3 file (say 12 tracks @ 4 MB each) to a 512 SD?

If it is my reader I will buy a sep card reader.

Cheers

BBKBAZ
    i just bought a card reader from ebay for 12 bucks it reads 12 different kinds of cards, stop being cheap people , trust me you will pull your hairs out waiting to copy files, then youll have to spend the money on hair club for men
    It copies over very quickly...probably take a minute or two...well worth the money for the reader.
    so what is a good memory card reader?
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    There are tons of them out there. At work I have a no-name brand. At home my HP all-in-one printer, fax, photo printer has slots for all the common card types...so I just use that...shows up in my computer as a removable drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    There are tons of them out there. At work I have a no-name brand. At home my HP all-in-one printer, fax, photo printer has slots for all the common card types...so I just use that...shows up in my computer as a removable drive.
    didn't really answer my question glad to know you have hp at home lol. again, what's a good memory card reader?
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    Q: How long would it take to write approximately 200 mp3ís, averaging 5 MB per file, onto a standard SanDisk 512 MB SD card?

A: No way you can fit 200 mp3s in 512MB

Q: What's a good memory card reader?

A: I have a year old Sandisk ImageMate ($20 - should be $10 now) - USB 2.0 complatible. Works with my new PQI 1GB card (200 mp3s will fit)
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    didn't really answer my question glad to know you have hp at home lol. again, what's a good memory card reader?
    I purchased my card reader at best buy for $25 - $10 rebate, and it was even USB 2.0. (it a PNY... and green... and ugly)

If you have the 2.0 ports, you definately want to grab a 2.0 reader. I also have a USB 1.1 reader. The 2.0 reader seems to be MUCH quicker.