1.    #1  
    Do you get charged for using the IM feature in your Treo? Also, if I download Verichat or chatter, will you get charged minutes for that??

I have sprintpcs. I get 100 TM with no charge. Is the IMing part of that?

How would you get around that

Thanks
    Sprint's data plan does not count against your minutes. IM'ing is part of the data plan, not text messaging.
  3.    #3  
    I thought so, but when I use the AOL that is already in my phone, each IM goes to the text messaging area, so it looks like a TM, not an IM. Not only is this a major pain in the ****, but it also appears to be using the TM not the IM.

I should probably just download Verichat or one of the other programs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by voorson
    I thought so, but when I use the AOL that is already in my phone, each IM goes to the text messaging area,
    What AOL program is already on your phone? or are you talking about a phone other than the Treo?
  5.    #5  
    NO, I have the Treo 600.

I go to Messaging and there is AOL IM. Already downloaded in my phone

I downloaded Verichat last night and like it MUCH better
  6.    #6  
    You know, I check preferences on the Verichat and you can check DATA or SMS. I wonder if SMS is checked will it use Text messages instead
    Quote Originally Posted by voorson
    NO, I have the Treo 600.

I go to Messaging and there is AOL IM. Already downloaded in my phone

I downloaded Verichat last night and like it MUCH better
    He is referring to the "messaging" found on the PCS Vision website preconfigured as the home page on Sprint phones.

Most people don't use the PCS Vision site, thus the confusion as to what you were referring to.

Verichat will use SMS if you loose data connectivity. As you have limited messages you will probably want to turn that off.