1.    #1  
    Aloha Treo Users,

Can somebody tell me?
    1. What Software AND WHERE TO GET IT for Treo 600 and PC is needed to use the Treo to Access my XP windows desktop when I’m away from my Office.

2. How to set it up.

THANKS ANDVANCE FOR YOUR HELP
    If you're just going to control your desktop, is this the same machine you sync with? If so, I'd use win-hand at http://www.win-hand.com/.

It's pretty straight forward to set up. Just install the package and follow the directions.

c
    palm vnc works great, I use it with a utlr@vnc server on my desktop.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

tried to use palm vnc. i think TMO GPRS connection is very slow and the connection gets disconnected very often. the screen is too small to view thou. i wish i could get a faster connection on my treo so I can remote access to my laptop at home.
  6.    #6  
    Ok I tried to set up palm vnc (http://palmvnc2.free.fr/) and was unable to connect to my PC.

Does anyone have a step by step way of setting up the PC and then the TREO 600?
    You have to make sure that you have the port forwarding set up properly on your home network.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

oh and uh, I find that using 800x600 works alright. . . I typically use the treo for minor alterations to programs on my desktop, anything major is done via the laptop.

MobileTS is a great application. Works with Remote Desktop (RDP) built into XP.

BT