Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Had some billing questions this a.m. for Sprint, and while on the line thought I'd ask about next generation of Treo. For what it's worth, she put me on hold to check their "forecast" sheets, and came back to tell me they will be selling two Treo 650s in Dec., one with and one without a camera.
    I heard the same thing when I called. I really believe that they will be released in October. I went to the Sprint Store a few days ago and they told me that they are taking Treo 650 training this Sunday. Why would they go to training this Sunday if it's going to be released in December?
    sprintpcsinfo.com posted that both treos will be released in december. they're dates are on point.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    Why would they go to training this Sunday if it's going to be released in December?
    Training and availability are totally different things. Sales training is usually to ensure the sales reps sound like they know what they're talking about when people ask questions. PalmOne and contractual obligations between them and Sprint determine when the first shipment will arrive.

I've seen it done many ways... sometimes stores will each get mock-ups and maybe a few working models. Sometimes the distribution is controlled and sold via the online store or call center sales first, followed by distribution in-store. Sometimes it's just available. We'll have to see. PalmOne announced the T5, with general availability in November. I suspect there will be a delay between announcement and delivery with the 650 as well.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I foresee Palmone being "profit" greedy. Expect Palmone to make an announcement on the 25th of this month, then the next day the Treo's will be available for order on their website only. (With this tactic, Palmone will have reaped all the benefit of the "initial surge" of 650 purchases.) Then there will be a 1-2 week delivery time ( we are all ready seeing this tactic with the T5). This would put them in our hands sometime the second week of November. By the second week of November they will hit Sprint's Tele-sales and Business channels, and by the first week in December they will hit the retail stores.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Did they say what the price difference will be btwn the one w/ a camera and without?

I already have a digital camera, but if it's not that big of a difference.. I might just spring for the camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    I foresee Palmone being "profit" greedy. Expect Palmone to make an announcement on the 25th of this month, then the next day the Treo's will be available for order on their website only. (With this tactic, Palmone will have reaped all the benefit of the "initial surge" of 650 purchases.) Then there will be a 1-2 week delivery time ( we are all ready seeing this tactic with the T5). This would put them in our hands sometime the second week of November. By the second week of November they will hit Sprint's Tele-sales and Business channels, and by the first week in December they will hit the retail stores.
    Profit greedy? Sounds like a successful rollout plan to me.
    Uh, if you were selling these phones, wouldn't you want to make a profit? There's plenty of competition, so if you don't like it, you take your money elsewhere.

This ain't the Soviet Union.
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    Uh, if you were selling these phones, wouldn't you want to make a profit? There's plenty of competition, so if you don't like it, you take your money elsewhere.

Well said comrade!
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Does this mean PalmOne will have both unlocked versions and carrier versions available when they make it available on their website. This is currently an option with the Treo 600, so I would think it would be the same with the 650.
    i better save up more $$ to get a treo650
    My 600 has been acting up lately. I have the 3 year warranty thing from Best Buy that will give me $450 in store credit. Hopefully my phone will last until Best Buy carries the 650. December seems so far away
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm hoping for good things from the BB warranty too. Screen is defective and battery is going. My concern is that since Palm will still be selling the 600 as part of the family of Treos, will BB let me have the ACE, perhaps with paying the difference from my original price paid on the 300?
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    Neither is the Soviet Union
    in communist russia, treo650 dials YOU!!!!

sorry, i just HAD to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango
    My 600 has been acting up lately. I have the 3 year warranty thing from Best Buy that will give me $450 in store credit. Hopefully my phone will last until Best Buy carries the 650. December seems so far away
    From what I've been reading about BB's new policies you're in for a rude awakening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    From what I've been reading about BB's new policies you're in for a rude awakening.
    Please elaborate. I was under the impression that if your phone was tested by Sprint and failed, it would be covered under the BB 3 year warranty plan.
    Fandango, I've heard that they've changed their policies too... Though I haven't really gotten the details, I've heard that its much more difficult to recieve the same kind of treatment as what we (and I, for owning a PSP with my T600) expected to recieve when we purchased the PSP
    Quote Originally Posted by F1Turbo
    Yeah, I'm hoping for good things from the BB warranty too. Screen is defective and battery is going. My concern is that since Palm will still be selling the 600 as part of the family of Treos, will BB let me have the ACE, perhaps with paying the difference from my original price paid on the 300?
    that replacement plan is for a treo 600. if you read it, it says that they will replace it with the same model or a similar model. the price really is not relevant. sometimes, if they no longer make the model and do not have a similar (same features/capacities) they will give you a instore credit. if they play by the rules they are supposed to...your plan may not work like you are hoping. of course not everyone plays by the rules and from what people have been saying, these rules mays have recently changed. i was just there, the rules seemed the same to me, and in the store by my house anyway, they have pulled the 600's. that may be more bad news for you, usually best buy only does that if they are not carrying that range of product anymore. i do not think production is being stopped on the 600, i do not see any other reason to pull the 600. that may just be the one by my house too....good luck
    I specifically remember the rep who sold me the plan told me (whatever my question was to him about phone replacement) it didn't matter because they would give me store credit for the amount I paid for the phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast