View Poll Results: Will you buy the Treo 650 from Palm or get it with a Service plan?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll get it from Palm, paying the full-price

30 42.86%
  • I'll wait for the carrier, it's cheaper

40 57.14%
  1.    #1  
    According to brightHand, the treo is coming out on Oct25.

The carriers will sell it only several weeks after that date. Ouch paying the full-price will probably hurt.

I hope that this is true !
    Time to resell my Treo 600
    With any luck (though I am doubtful) they will do a direct upgrade program like they did with the 600.
    Can someone define "several more weeks" for me (which is when the carriers are suppose to start selling the 650).
    But if your under contract with your carrier anyway, the price would be the same buying it from Palm or Sprint, right?
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Brighthand is guessing just like we are. We are all agreed that the 650 will be announced on October 25th, based on intelligent interpretation of rumors and press conference schedules.
    As for the poll, it is missing an option: I am waiting to see what else is out there when this phone is finally released. The Samsung i550 is also nearing release, and the rumor mill states that there will be a Cobalt phone or two before the end of the year.
    Why would they release it if no carriers support it yet? Shouldn't the carriers release it first? Did Palm or a carrier release the 600 first?
    An unlocked quadband GSM phone doesn't have to be "supported" by any specific carrier, as it is useable just about anywhere on this planet. Just pop in your SIM card and you're good to go.
    Ed Colligan is still at Pa1mone, and Ed is a firm believer in customer loyalty rebates and incentives. I wouldn't rule out a $399.99 T650 for existing owners of a Treo product just yet. Therefore, I believe the poll is flawed. However, in my case it doesn't matter because either way I'm ordering THE DAY its available. Bluetooth and Hi-res were pretty much the only part of my "Perfect Device" list my 600 didn't meet!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    An unlocked quadband GSM phone doesn't have to be "supported" by any specific carrier, as it is useable just about anywhere on this planet. Just pop in your SIM card and you're good to go.
    May be he was talking about the pre-set GPRS settings? It's useful for most customers. Granted a simple call to CS can probably solve this... if they support the phone.
    I'm hoping for a direct upgrade program as well. If that comes through with the prices on ebay, I should be able to get a Treo 650 in my budget. Otherwise, I'll probably stick to the Treo 600 or see what Sprint charges when it comes out with them.
    I hope PalmOne is listening. If there is an upgrade program, I'll upgrade. If not, I probably won't.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I'm with bmacfarland & heberman (and I suspect alot of other Treo 600 owners are as well): No direct upgrade discount, no sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive
    I'm with bmacfarland & heberman (and I suspect alot of other Treo 600 owners are as well): No direct upgrade discount, no sale.
    Ditto.

Perhaps they could give an extra discount for those who have had to replace their original 600s more than X number of times
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I'm buying first available. I skipped a generation, still using 300, and it's about dead. Screen is bad (yellow horizontal line) and battery is getting pretty short lived. I have a Best Buy extended warranty, so hoping I can either parlay that directly into a 650, or perhaps a 600 and an upgrade discount with the 600 (and give 600 to my son).

Does anyone know how Best Buy would handle a replacement on this? Would they automatically give me the 600, even if 650 was out? I think I paid $375 for the 300, and got a $50 rebate. Would they just give me a $375 (or $325) credit toward any handheld?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Ditto.

Perhaps they could give an extra discount for those who have had to replace their original 600s more than X number of times
    Or 300's for that matter. I've had my 300 since the second it was released two years ago and I am now on my seventh I think. I lost count at around four. But hey, it'll make my 'oh my Treo broke because somehow the cover came seperate from the device' claim sooo much more believable when I want to upgrade to the 600
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage