1.    #1  
    When I listen to a voice mail it always gives the phone number. Can you skip past this? If so, how?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    What carrier are you using? It would help to know.

Joe
  3.    #3  
    Sprint in the US
    You need to go into your VM setup and turn it off. After that if you would like to hear the number you push one while listening to the message.
    Somewhere in your Sprint voicemail options, you can remove the time stamps and calling party number announcements when retrieving messages. Just follow the prompts "to change your personal options, please press X." Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    WHile we are on the Sprint VM topic, I find that I can not use the rewind and advance keys until I have listened to the new message. Then I can listen again and then the rewind and advance keys work. is this expected behavior - it seems stupid as I want to rewind the message while I am first listening to write down a number, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by robotron
    WHile we are on the Sprint VM topic, I find that I can not use the rewind and advance keys until I have listened to the new message. Then I can listen again and then the rewind and advance keys work. is this expected behavior - it seems stupid as I want to rewind the message while I am first listening to write down a number, etc.

You press 4 while listening and it will go back to the begining of the message, if you press # it will skip it, press 6 to forward it to another sprint user.
    before i switched to verizon, i had the voicemail thing down. when you first hear the voicemail assistant start to speak, press "1" to queue up the first message, then "4" to begin playing that message. also, you can press '7' in the middle of a message to delete it while it's playing, or 9 to save it. turn on expert mode! much less verbose.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    You press 4 while listening and it will go back to the begining of the message, if you press # it will skip it, press 6 to forward it to another sprint user.
    thanks..the 4 and # will help. what I was hoping was to use the 3 second back and forward keys that work when listening a second time...