1.    #1  
    My Treo 600 is in the mail. I am buying it from someone, but it is a new replacement for a broken phone. It is either AT&T or T-Mobile from the US. I want to use it on either Rogers or Fido in Canada. How do I unlock the phone, is there some unlocking software? I have seen the service offered for from $5 to $75 US and others sayinbg don't pay at all.

Anyone wanna share the software or info with me?
    check out www.mytreo.net download section.
    bongowireless now does it, in toronto, its permanent

http://www.bongowireless.com/pages.php?pageid=16#8

60 CAD

09/28/04 | New news for unlocking the Treo 600Today marks another first for Bongo Wireless as we are now the first and only company to unlock the Treo 600 by direct unlocking. There is no more "patching" the firmware and changing ROM versions. We can now direct unlock any Treo 600 without changing the ROM version, erasing any user data or "patching" the firmware. Additionally, since it is unlocked by entering the SIM unlock code there is no need to worry if the phone re-locks after ROM updates as it can NEVER re-lock for any reason. Also, all data, WAP/Browser will be fully functional as well. Price will remain the same but just a faster more efficient way to unlock our customers Treo 600.

-- Kevin Haffenden
    that is nice.. thanks hofo_mofo
    Bongowireless looks like a major risk to me. How could they possibly get ahold of the unlock codes (there is no way the manufacturers work with these guys)?

The WHOIS record for BongoWireless lists this information:
    1466700 Ontario Inc.
    Kevin Haffenden
    514 Raymerville Drive
    Markham, On L3P6G4
    CA
    Phone: 416-817-0808
    Fax..: 905-470-2932
    Email: fones2cell@rogers.com

I respectfully suggest to the moderators that this kind of bad business be removed entirely from these forums. Leave this kind of thing to other boards who shall be nameless.
    Last edited by Poryphyron; 10/05/2004 at 08:46 PM.
    what's wrong with BongoWireless?
    I have seen lot of companies out there to do unlocking for GSM phones.
    what if they have a hardware to decode the lock?

i think you might want to understand their practice before you jump in and open fire.

.... <skipped...>
  7.    #7  
    $60 is steep, especially with people doing it for $5.

I know there is a way to do it free too, so where can I find out?? pm me or email me. mynick at gmail
    kevin is the nicest man ive ever met....his secretary is hot, and well he is pure honest. Great company, done business with them so many times

Kevin's prices may be steep, however when you think about the licensing fees and what not he has to pay for its really justified
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Bongo Wireless is a reputable business. I have used their service before and Kevin was VERY helpful. He was hard to get on the phone sometimes, but I must admit that I had given him a really tough task. However, I'm sure there is still a way to unlock the Treo 600 for free!
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trueimage
    My Treo 600 is in the mail. I am buying it from someone, but it is a new replacement for a broken phone. It is either AT&T or T-Mobile from the US. I want to use it on either Rogers or Fido in Canada. How do I unlock the phone, is there some unlocking software? I have seen the service offered for from $5 to $75 US and others sayinbg don't pay at all.

Anyone wanna share the software or info with me?
    You can unlock it for free, check this out http://mytreo.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB....223982;start=0
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
  11. ADA
    In defence of paying for an unlock service, the service is usually much better and if something does 'go wrong' there is a Kevin at the other end to unravel things. I chose to pay despite having the freebee software on my desktop for this reason. As it happens it all went smoothly.
    Gee Poryphryon, you must be the CEO of PalmOne in disguise with a blast like that!! If you are, then drop this childish locking game! It serves no purpose other than iritate people. It certainly does not make the product exclusive - you see, for every bit of software you think protects you and your cronies, there are a dozen kids who will break it within five minutes of you hitting the street!
    For gawds sake why don't these guys just make a phone, sell it over the counter, let us use it and may the best man win...!