Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I have the Docs to Go viewer (not full version) that came with my Treoo 600. I have noticed that when I try to open an Excel spreadsheet included in an email attatchment the viewer opens then crashes. Anybody have any suggestions? I tried reinstallind but to no avail.
    The only thing I can suggest is to not buy the full version. It crashes all the time and sometimes the Treo does not even reboot. That happened several times while on the road and DataViz just ignores it. Stay away from them! Try to find something else or forget about the concept of mobility with data alltogether, it is a good idea, but does not work for the time being.
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    I would second that opinion. I purchased the "full" version of DTG for $69 about 6 weeks ago, and was so dissappointed that I stopped using it. I wanted to be able to manage my excel spreadsheets on the go, but only about 20% of the functions are supported by DTG, and if your spreadsheet uses any of the non-supported functions, you can't edit it on the handheld - so I spent $69 on a viewer.

Now they have sent me an email saying for only another $30 I can upgrade to a new version. Which would bring the total cost to $100 - and I only paid $175 for Office for my PC.

Ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by jg70124
    I would second that opinion. I purchased the "full" version of DTG for $69 about 6 weeks ago, and was so dissappointed that I stopped using it. I wanted to be able to manage my excel spreadsheets on the go, but only about 20% of the functions are supported by DTG, and if your spreadsheet uses any of the non-supported functions, you can't edit it on the handheld - so I spent $69 on a viewer.

Now they have sent me an email saying for only another $30 I can upgrade to a new version. Which would bring the total cost to $100 - and I only paid $175 for Office for my PC.

Ridiculous.
    Sorry to hear about your problems. I assume you have ver 6? I'm a new DTG (ver 7) user. So far so good here. I have edited a good number of spreadsheets with no issues. The other side of the coin I guess. Maybe the new version is more stable. Just curious - are you editing in sheet to go format or native exel?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!