1.    #1  
    As I sit here logging onto the forum, and typing this message, my Treo has popped on and turned on three times. I have not been able to determine what is triggering this phenomenon. It stays on longer than the usuall time-out period for the keyguard (which is active).

What could be causing this?

I do have Bob's Alarm installed, and I do use alarms in some calender events, but the on and off get no message, and does not coincide with an alrm event. Also, it does not matter what screen is active. It just turns on to what ever screen was active when it was last used.
    Do you have any SMS messages waiting to be sent? This is an old issue. Search the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by jemelby
    As I sit here logging onto the forum, and typing this message, my Treo has popped on and turned on three times. I have not been able to determine what is triggering this phenomenon. It stays on longer than the usuall time-out period for the keyguard (which is active).

What could be causing this?

I do have Bob's Alarm installed, and I do use alarms in some calender events, but the on and off get no message, and does not coincide with an alrm event. Also, it does not matter what screen is active. It just turns on to what ever screen was active when it was last used.
    Do you use Verichat? If so, do you use the 'always on' feature? This causes my screen to turn on occasionally.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    The other thing could be an email sync int he background. Do you use some kind of third party wireless email sync?

Joe
    I have seen this happen for a number of reasons:

1. You uninstalled a service like Seven, GoodLink, Business connection or other email push service that uses hidden SMS messages to tell your phone that a new message has arrived. Turn off the service which is pushing the messages to you - you may need your IT services help or use the web interface provided to stop the pushing.

2. You have a profile manager like RingProfiles installed - my Treo 600 Sprint unit has been turning on and staying on with this installed. I dont think it likes co-existing with GoodLink.
  6. afr
    The only time this has happened to me is when I have the phone plugged into the Car Kit and am roaming or have an intermittant signal. The phone just turns itself on occasionally.