1.    #1  
    There has got to be some counseling I can get or something....I honestly had a dream last night about using the new treo ..... I was back in college and trying to keep it a secret 'cause I didn't want anyone trying to steal it.....man, I'm sick. I don't need a fix, I don't even want the 650....I NEED the 650!
    Mate am in the city of angels (the other one) and hanging out for news for the release date as well. Am sitting here waiting...
    That's so weird. I have never dreamed about a new toy before but I have been dreaming about it too. Weird. I have had the dream that it was on sale and it was like 199 and 600 was 149 and that I was in the store buying it. I need a life. A real life.
    Ditto in so many aspects. I am still a member of the OCTAD (Obsessive Compulsive Treo Ace / 650 Disorder) club. My refresh button on my browser is wearing thin.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    I work for a vendor that resells the Treo line. The PalmOne rep was by here last week and said that the release date is 10/26. He said that it would be released with Sprint first and the other carriers to follow shortly thereafter. Much like the release of the 600.
    Was that a dream too?
    Alas, no. This was a legitimate conversation. I guess only time will prove me right or wrong.
    I was just josh'n with you! I'm not worried about whose right or wrong or whatever....I'm just hoping to get my paws on a 650 whenever they come out!
    Quote Originally Posted by thegimp
    I work for a vendor that resells the Treo line. The PalmOne rep was by here last week and said that the release date is 10/26. He said that it would be released with Sprint first and the other carriers to follow shortly thereafter. Much like the release of the 600.
    *Cringe* So those of us with Verizon are doomed after all.

I've been dreaming about it alright. Usually the dream is accomapined by cold sweats, uncontrollable panic and general disorientation... I always jolt awake just after the csr at Verizon says "You mean the Treo 600 don't you? My computer screen doesn't show any device called the 650..."
    I work for a b2b consulting company and PalmOne is one of our clients. I received a package of information on the 650 this afternoon. All it said was the edc for me and the price ($599) rebate will be $100 from Sprint, T-Mobile (which I do not resell) looks like they will have it at first too. I do not have a specific date to start selling but I do have a confirmation of the 3rd week of Oct. Specs were not posted picture was, looks just like all the other pictures we have seen on the net. Places like BestBuy will have them Oct. 31st as it is a Sunday and retail turns over on that day. That is all of the info I have as my PalmOne rep was unable to verify any specs or specific date to resell. If I get one in my hands before the 25th I will let you know.

As a note to anyone who has posted seeing one of these....The Regional Sales team of PalmOne does not even have these in their hands yet. Just thought I would let people know. I have been dealing with PalmOne for 3 years now and this is the most secretive they have ever been. You may contact me with any questions. Thanks and I can't wait to see this guy...Wanna know if all the hype is for real!
    Dude,

I "live" in the Sprint Store near my home. They know me by name. The Techs know me. The customer service chicks know me.

I talked to the Tech today for about 30 minutes on the T650............

They have this MobileTV service now which it damn cool!

[editted by KR]
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 10/05/2004 at 07:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    At least it wasn't a "wet" dream. Then you'd really need counseling!

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by thegimp
    Other carriers were "shortly thereafter". Vzw was a really really long time thereafter. It's so annoying
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    T Mo is in the first group? Dayum. My son tells me T Mo has the best family plan -- adding phones is cheap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Kai
    Other carriers were "shortly thereafter". Vzw was a really really long time thereafter. It's so annoying
    Hmm, if VZW was on Pluto, it would only be like a day before they get it too! (Astrophysics joke there). I too am really hoping for the 24-26th... We may get lucky, but if that's the case some Sprint rep should leak in the next week or two that they are receiving them... Truthfully I'm waiting for the i550, but waiting could involve buying the 650 and then the i550... (I'm so bad, is there a help group for people who waste over $3,000 a year on phones?!?!?!)