1.    #1  
    It came with Treo600-1.12-INT Firmware.. I tried to use the ATT Updater and it failed... Saying I was using the incorrect updater... WTF...

Should I leave it at this level? Or call Palmone and demand they replace it with an ATT firmware phone? What are the pros and cons???
    You have three choices:
    1. Update it with the ROW updater which runs over INT firmware (don't know if there is an INT updater - there wasn't when I did mine), which will work, but will not have some AT&T specific (office) software.
    2. Return the phone for one with AWS firmware, and you can update it if necessary (but I would bet that your INT phone is unlocked -why limit yourself - they will probably send you an AWS phone that is locked to AT&T.
    3. Go to mytreo.net for instructions on using tokenwriter to get your INT firmware to accept AWS updater. Technically, that could void the warranty, and occasionally, fry the phone.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
  3.    #3  
    Is the version I have the "Latest" international version??? I just want to make sure I am up to date..
    Software 1.12 is the latest for INT. Latest firmware is 3.05.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    I'm also an ATTWS subscriber, and my replacement refurb also has the 1.12-INT Software. Since I don't use the AT&T Office software, I wasn't too concerned, especially since it probably means my refurb is unlocked.

I imagine that there are many of us in this same situation. What have we lost by having 1.12-INT instead of 1.13-AWS (or is it 1.12-AWS)?

What have we gained? Is the phone unlocked? (I haven't been able to test it yet.)

I have not yet identified any performance loss for sure. There have been some situtations when the phone was stuck roaming on the wrong carrier (no GPRS) until I cycled wireless on and off. That happened with the original AT&T branded Treo, but maybe less often.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette
    It came with Treo600-1.12-INT Firmware.. I tried to use the ATT Updater and it failed... Saying I was using the incorrect updater... WTF...

Should I leave it at this level? Or call Palmone and demand they replace it with an ATT firmware phone? What are the pros and cons???
    unless you want to have ATT branded softwares in your Treo, otherwise, it would be nice to just keep the unlocked with INT firmware version.
  7.    #7  
    Same Dillemma... what have I gained and what have I lost... I could care less about the ATT Office BS also.. I use Snapper Mail and am happy..

What is the plus to using an "Unlocked" Phone? I do not plan to move to another carrier..

By the way. My phone is 1.12INT and 3.05 Firmware.. So that means I have the latest everything? and yes there is a ROW Updater on Palmone for the 1.12 Generic update
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette
    Same Dillemma... what have I gained and what have I lost... I could care less about the ATT Office BS also.. I use Snapper Mail and am happy..

What is the plus to using an "Unlocked" Phone? I do not plan to move to another carrier..

By the way. My phone is 1.12INT and 3.05 Firmware.. So that means I have the latest everything? and yes there is a ROW Updater on Palmone for the 1.12 Generic update
    if you do not plan to move to another carrier, the locked / unlocked treo does not make any different to you. but never says never thou
    i believe 1.12INT = 1.12ROW.

I had an older version the firmware, and upgraded to ROW which i downloaded it from P1 website. it shows 1.12ROW, and my original treo was an unlocked unbranded purchased directly from P1. Got a replacement from P1 and it is 1.12INT.
    I do not have another sim card to test but i tend to believe 1.12INT is an unlocked phone.

yes you get the latest firmware and software version.
    if you think you feel more comfortable to use a ATT firmware on ur treo and upgrade it by yourself, you can call P1 to do an exchange and I am sure they would be happy to do that for you with no charge.
    The other advantage of an unlocked phone, in addition to being able to change carriers, is that you can buy a prepaid sim card for local calls in many countries when travelling. However, if all you are doing is calling back to the United States, the international roaming rates are equivalent or sometimes better.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    blackvette, when u buy a unlocked one u have your choice of 3 or 4 different phone companys just bought my wife unlocked one and we have t- mobile 3000 min $40.00 vs at&t $40 for att 600 min and no data plan thats just plain out robbery and thats whys at&t loses all their customers to t-mob or sprint, one day i was in att closeing my account i saw a guy wanting to buy a t-6oo he saw my sprint-600 and asked me how it works, and if i liked it i said yes, and how was the service through att and i told him it was through sprint he said what the difference was, i told him data plans att has none, i told him that i use half a meg just to open up a page sometimes and with att that would be almost all my megs 8 megs for $14 what a rip off and a joke.