1.    #1  
    What would that mean?... I have a customers treo 600 where if we turn on the wireless mode.. i gives this error "not enough power to activate wireless mode"

what does that mean?

i even did a hard reset to erase everything and turn on the wirelesss mode and gives me same error.. anybody would know?
    Is the battery charged?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    Is the battery charged?

yup its fully charged and has the latest firmware from rogers website...

so i am really stumped on why it is giving me this error.. actually there is something strange though.... when i go to the palm home screen.. and i pull down the app menu and select info and scroll to the every bottom there is alot of blank lines about 4 or 5.. and my treo i check and it has like 1 or 2 blank lines.. and i used filez to see if there was any weird files that somehow got into the rom but nothing... any know?
  4.    #4  
    no body?
    Quote Originally Posted by wongster
    yup its fully charged and has the latest firmware from rogers website...

so i am really stumped on why it is giving me this error.. actually there is something strange though.... when i go to the palm home screen.. and i pull down the app menu and select info and scroll to the every bottom there is alot of blank lines about 4 or 5.. and my treo i check and it has like 1 or 2 blank lines.. and i used filez to see if there was any weird files that somehow got into the rom but nothing... any know?
    maybe it's the firmware? Was it working prior to the firmware update?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by citi
    maybe it's the firmware? Was it working prior to the firmware update?
    nope.. so i thought what you thought so i tried updating the firmware.. and still gives me that same prob.. the treo was working before up until a couple days ago it is doing this problem.
    I got this message today on my Treo 600 for the first time. I have only had it for 2 weeks so I may end up seeing it again if it is hardware related.

I was listening to a shoutcast stream with Pocket Tunes Deluxe (latest version) and was browsing the web at the same time. The music started stumbling and stopped all together. I noticed the web page was not loading and had no signal bars. The treo was plugged in to power and sync cable that came with it.

I exited Blazer, went to the dial pad screen and noticed that wireless was off. I didnt turn it off so not sure how that happened. I held the power button for a few seconds to turn it back on. Get the splash screen you get when turning wireless off and on and it sits there for a while. Then I get the message you described. I tried 3 times to reconnect and gave up. I reset the Treo and have not gotten the problem again.

I also got a message that my Sim card may be bad and that I should check it about the same time I was getting this error. After the rest I havent gotten either of these messages (its only been 4 hours at the time of this post)

I am not sure if this helps but thought I would share what I was doing when I saw this and maybe it will shine some light on where to go. I am sure you have reset it many times but maybe the sim has a problem?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbonz
    I got this message today on my Treo 600 for the first time. I have only had it for 2 weeks so I may end up seeing it again if it is hardware related.

I was listening to a shoutcast stream with Pocket Tunes Deluxe (latest version) and was browsing the web at the same time. The music started stumbling and stopped all together. I noticed the web page was not loading and had no signal bars. The treo was plugged in to power and sync cable that came with it.

I exited Blazer, went to the dial pad screen and noticed that wireless was off. I didnt turn it off so not sure how that happened. I held the power button for a few seconds to turn it back on. Get the splash screen you get when turning wireless off and on and it sits there for a while. Then I get the message you described. I tried 3 times to reconnect and gave up. I reset the Treo and have not gotten the problem again.

I also got a message that my Sim card may be bad and that I should check it about the same time I was getting this error. After the rest I havent gotten either of these messages (its only been 4 hours at the time of this post)

I am not sure if this helps but thought I would share what I was doing when I saw this and maybe it will shine some light on where to go. I am sure you have reset it many times but maybe the sim has a problem?
    yea tried that too... soft and hard reset... plus i put in another simcard with same results.. sigh...
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    An old thread, but I wanna tell you that my girlfriends Treo 600 is having this issue. It seems broken forever...
    ========================
    Andreas Carlsson, Borås, Sweden
    just needs a new battery. search for "battery replacement" in this forum and change the battery. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thanks for the answer!

I solved it though - I made a battery reset (ie, I opened the Treo and cut the power from the battery).
    The Treo have worked for two minutes now...

*holding my thumbs*

========================
    Andreas Carlsson, Borås, Sweden
    Today I got the same problem on my Treo 600, after I opened it to fix the "buzz problem".

I did:

- both soft and hard reset
    - change of the SIM
    - break and restore the connection of the battery

but nothing!

Could someone help me?

Kindly regards,
    Zeno
    The 600 has a documented issue with the battery connector. Which is why some refurbs have connectors soldered to the board. Old OEM batteries also don't have enough juice. Newer 3rd party batteries are hit or miss. If you want to get your old 600 working, it's a crap shoot. Search for battery replacement in this forum. Welcome to TC.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!