1.    #1  
    For what it's worth: Just announced on the PalmOne Analyst Day Webcast that a new Treo will be announced "later this month in conjuction with our carrier partners".
    Quote Originally Posted by jinevill
    For what it's worth: Just announced on the PalmOne Analyst Day Webcast that a new Treo will be announced "later this month in conjuction with our carrier partners".
    Old news...do a search...cNet has already broke that story...10/25/04 i believe.
    Mike
    Yeah, but CNET's word while very, very good, is not the same as Palm's own words. Also we can draw from the wording (if it's indeed an exact quote) that it won't just be Sprint at launch (as had been speculated) and more than one partner.
  4.    #4  
    Indeed, while we all knew that the end of October was the likely date, and indeed that Oct 25th was most likely - this is the first time I've hard an official PalmOne announcement about the next Treo.

The quote is from Todd Bradley, Chief Executive Officer. It's as exact as my 30 second memory can get (I typed it right after I heard it on the webcast). I'm sure he said "partners" - plural. It could of just been a mistake on his part, but I'm expecting more than one carrier at launch.

Thanks,
    Justin
  5.    #5  
    Also, you can go to http://ir.palmone.com/ and click on "palmOne, Inc. 2004 Analyst Day" to hear the rest of the webcast. It's been intersting, some good insight into how they design and how they think about their business. I'm sure they'll be an archive of it too, so everyone can check my quoting skills. The quote is from about 20 minutes into the call.