Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I realize this is a touchy subject, but I'm a long-time Mac user and I'm hoping to get a 650 soon. I currently have a SonyEricsson T610 and a Clie with Bluetooth. They are all great together -- syncing via iSync, connecting the Mac or the Clie to the net through the phone, Salling Clicker (controlling the Mac with the phone or the Clie) -- and I'm hoping that the 650 will be the best of both worlds.

So what exactly will I be missing from what I have now with a Bluetooth-enabled Treo and a Bluetooth-enabled Mac?

Specifically, it was mentioned above that the Treo doesn't broadcast "Caller ID information" that can be displayed across the screen (which I have now from the T610 and BluePhoneMenu). I haven't heard this -- if it's true, does that mean that the Treo also won't be working with the Jabra BT800 headset, the one with the nifty built-in Caller ID display (http://www.engadget.com/entry/9917126379392225/)? It would seem that if the Treo can't display this info on a Mac, then it won't display it on anything else either, including a PC (right?). If true, this would be a big shortcoming.

And not trying to be dumb, but what do you mean by "Palm's refusal to allow the Mac to initiate a Bluetooth connection to a Palm?" Does this mean that I won't be able to use the Treo as a BT modem as I do now with the T610? Again, where did you see this info, as I'd love to know this soon.
    I don't think this is P1's doing but, rather, the carrier's. I believe GSM carriers will enable the DUN profiles.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12