1.    #1  
    I am switching to Sprint today from Verizon as I am in great need of a new phone. I figure that if I get one of the free phones now, I can purchase the T650 when it comes out in a few weeks. (knock knock on wood) That way I'll already have my phone number switched and my paperwork complete.

My question is this:

GSM carriers are not limiting bluetooth at this time while CDMA carrriers are. Do you think I would be jumping the gun by switching now or waiting to see what other carriers will be doing? Either way I am tired of Verizon's high prices.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    You're jumping the gun by doing it now. Also, you'd be better off getting a new 650 at the subsidized price from Sprint. If you get one of the new phones now, you may or may not be eligible for discounted rates on the 650, depending on what Sprint wants to do. Some carriers limit you to 1 subsidized phone a year since they are selling the phone at a loss to get you as a customer (and locking you into a long term contract).
    I wouldn't switch yet if I were you! There is generally a substantial discount offered to lure new subscribers, and you'll waste it getting a regular phone now if you switch early. Given the high price of a treo, you may want to reconsider and hold out until the 650 is available.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert C. Lee
    You're jumping the gun by doing it now. Also, you'd be better off getting a new 650 at the subsidized price from Sprint. If you get one of the new phones now, you may or may not be eligible for discounted rates on the 650, depending on what Sprint wants to do. Some carriers limit you to 1 subsidized phone a year since they are selling the phone at a loss to get you as a customer (and locking you into a long term contract).

You're right! I just left the Sprint Store and they said that if get the free phone now then I will lose the $150 discount off of the T650.

Good news is that they said that they go to T650 training THIS SUNDAY!