1.    #1  
    My wife purchased a new Treo 300 about 15 months ago. In January the battery life went to no more than 5 minutes. We brought the phone to a Sprint Store and they declared it defective and sent a refurbished phone to us a few days later.

Now it's about 8 months later and the same thing has happened. The battery goes from full to dead in under 3 minutes. We brought it back to the Sprint store and they told us the warranty on the refurbs is 6 months and that we can either buy a new phone or

:::get this:::
    buy the insurance wait 20 days and call in for a new phone.
    :::

I'm a bit upset over two things. It's pretty obvious there is a problem with the phone. There's also a big problem with an organization that would suggest its customers commit insurance fraud.

Anyway, has anyone else experienced the battery death problem with the phone?
    Been there .... checkout the Treo 300 Battery?? thread .... you can order a new battery and install it yourself. I actually bought 2 cause they were only $10 when I ordered from Goldmine, then ended up having my 300 replaced by insurance so I have 2 spare batteries brand new, not being used.
    Actually, the warranty is 12 months, so they lied to you. Any time you get a replacement, you get a 12 month warranty
    I was told by Sprint the warranty on a replacement/refurbed unit is 6 mos. Seems I read it in the forums here as well. Any one care to comment?
    I was told 6 months as well.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    "Any time you get a replacement, you get a 12 month warranty"

Do you mean a replacement by sprint or just in general with most companies?
  7.    #7  
    No, the replacements you get are 6 months. So, if you get a phone and have to get a replacement from Sprint one month later...you only have a 6 month warranty on the refurb and not the 11 months you would have had on a new phone. Nice policy.

Anyway, thank you for the link on the replacement batteries. I ordered a couple from goldmine as well. The replacement job doesn't look too tough.
    Actually, just looked at the document that come with my replacement. It says "All new and reconditioned PCS phones received through the Equipment Replacement Program have a 12-month warranty from Sprint."

And the replacement job is simple, there is a photo step-by-step on one of the battery threads here ... I followed that and had no problem - other than the fact that the wire seems to be on the opposite side from the original battery so I had to flip the battery over, but it worked like a charm.

Good luck.
    See the Battery 300?? thread for link to where to order a battery and separate link with instructions on how to open the 300 and install a battery.
    Battery
  10.    #10  
    Big,

The Equipment Replacement program is the insurance and not the warranty that comes with the phone. There may be a 12 month warranty on those devices, but Sprint does not offer the same on the devices they replace under their standard product warranty.

Anyway, thanks to your earlier message I have already ordered new batteries from goldmine.