Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    what kind of browsing experience will the t650 have? will the 312mhz processor make a big difference?

the biggest drag i find on my treo 600 is the LONG delay after clicking the web icon. it appears to take a very long time to launch the browser after switching from the main menu or phone menu.

the display is important to me, but i am more concerned about the speed.
    will it be much cleaner than the current blazer?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    what kind of browsing experience will the t650 have? will the 312mhz processor make a big difference?

the biggest drag i find on my treo 600 is the LONG delay after clicking the web icon. it appears to take a very long time to launch the browser after switching from the main menu or phone menu.

the display is important to me, but i am more concerned about the speed.
    will it be much cleaner than the current blazer?

I found that if you eliminate the pictures in your prefs then the websites load much faster on the 600. I imagine that the 650 will load graphics much faster than the 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    I found that if you eliminate the pictures in your prefs then the websites load much faster on the 600. I imagine that the 650 will load graphics much faster than the 600.
    Which is really great until the page loads and you find that it has some kind of image map navigation requiring you to reset your preferences and reload it again to use the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Which is really great until the page loads and you find that it has some kind of image map navigation requiring you to reset your preferences and reload it again to use the page.
    I agree. Imageless browsing is extremely difficult nowadays. 6-8 years ago it was a different thing, but most sites use images too extensively to allow for a decent browsing experience without them.

My $0.02.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK2
    I agree. Imageless browsing is extremely difficult nowadays. 6-8 years ago it was a different thing, but most sites use images too extensively to allow for a decent browsing experience without them.

My $0.02.

Mike
    funny you say that. i used dial up just a couple of days ago after using dsl for a couple of years. every web site, with connection speeds going up, has so many graphics and sounds now. just imagine the poor little phones now days
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    funny you say that. i used dial up just a couple of days ago after using dsl for a couple of years. every web site, with connection speeds going up, has so many graphics and sounds now. just imagine the poor little phones now days
    This exact point was made in ZDNet's Anchordesk last week. It's one reason why I really want to have wifi. In a lot places I go, I would able to view the actual web in somewhat decent time instead of just web clipping type sites. I'm very used to broadband and having not used dial-up since 1993 (pre-college), it's not fun on the Treo.
    vw2002 - a long delay in launching Blazer is often attributed to a corrupt cookies file - delete your cookies file with FileZ or something like it (obviously you'll love your cookies) and life should improve.
    will you be able to use gmail with the 650?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    ericfairchild - thankyou! i wasnt aware that what the problem! i was wondering, i can delete the web cookies from the treo wo using filez right? on main menu, hit (delete) and it will list all the applications running.
    can i just delete web cookies from here? or do i really need filez?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    wow! it really worked! now its snappy as ever! thankyou thankyou, eric. you helped me remove the biggest problem I've been having with my treo.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    not to beat it to death, but this is why you guys are so great here. there is so much fantastic support and help, esp in my case here where you diagnosed and solved the problem for me when I was unaware of its source. kudos! ok im done. just had to tip my hat here!
    i think that blazer 4? is going to be more efficient in the way it loads pages. blazer is horribly inefficient as evident from the speed of the other web browsers. will the new blazer be useable on the 600?????
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    good question. ill second that query.
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    ericfairchild - thankyou! i wasnt aware that what the problem! i was wondering, i can delete the web cookies from the treo wo using filez right? on main menu, hit (delete) and it will list all the applications running.
    can i just delete web cookies from here? or do i really need filez?
    i never knew that phones kept cookies...how much memory do cookies take up on a phone. also, do the cookies get deleted everyday, or do you have to manually delete them?
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    While in Blazer go into menu-options; tap Advanced & you'll see a checkbox for accepting cookies; tap Memory Management and you'll see your memory storage levels, and you'll be able to clear the caches.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca
    While in Blazer go into menu-options; tap Advanced & you'll see a checkbox for accepting cookies; tap Memory Management and you'll see your memory storage levels, and you'll be able to clear the caches.
    do you know by chance, do phones automatically clear up their cookies after a certain amount of time or amount of space that has been taken up?
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    processor should make it faster. But that is not the only factor. Frequency is a huge factor, i believe. No matter how fast the processor is, the phone is still a CELL phone and your radio can only do so much.