1.    #1  
    Hi,

I installed "live", worked fine, but after playing with it a bit the screen went funny, all green and wobbely, no picture. I turned phone mode off then on again and it worked again..
    Then the following day it happened again (havnt used live since, but it was still installed) this time it required a soft reset to fix.

Today when i came to use my camera again, the same, broken again it shows the same green flickery screen in camera, movierec, pickem and live..

nothing fixed it, so i did a hard reset and formatted the phone, the camera worked fine then so i did a hotsynch to put back on my data, and the camera is again broken

so thankfully seems not a hardware issue, but a software problem!!

Other than another hard reset and this time re-installing all my data and settings manually Is there anything i can do?? I have already deleted Live but it made no difference
    Quote Originally Posted by stu@
    Hi,

I installed "live", worked fine, but after playing with it a bit the screen went funny, all green and wobbely, no picture. I turned phone mode off then on again and it worked again..
    Then the following day it happened again (havnt used live since, but it was still installed) this time it required a soft reset to fix.

Today when i came to use my camera again, the same, broken again it shows the same green flickery screen in camera, movierec, pickem and live..

nothing fixed it, so i did a hard reset and formatted the phone, the camera worked fine then so i did a hotsynch to put back on my data, and the camera is again broken

so thankfully seems not a hardware issue, but a software problem!!

Other than another hard reset and this time re-installing all my data and settings manually Is there anything i can do?? I have already deleted Live but it made no difference
    I have this same problem. Anyone with ideas on how to fix? TIA
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I think Pickem is the culprit. Delete it and reinstall and see if that works for you.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Try a warm-reset.
    Hold the up button while doing the reset. It should bypass any software startups. If the camera is ok after this, you probably have some software or a file left over from Live that is starting up after each reset.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Quote Originally Posted by nzmoko
    Try a warm-reset.
    Hold the up button while doing the reset. It should bypass any software startups. If the camera is ok after this, you probably have some software or a file left over from Live that is starting up after each reset.

same problem here. The screen isn't blank. It kind of looks like a TV channel that has been scrambled. Soft and warm resets haven't worked. I deleted Pickem. Still not working and I hate do a hard reset.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The camera itself has parameter RAM that is separate from the ROM image. You have changed some parameters on the camera and they need to be restored. You could try the Camera Test App that was floating about and compare notes with other folks on the key settings that need to be reset. I have seen this pattern when you set the digital zoom factor to anything but 0 or 1.
    I've tried everything, including a hard reset and nothing - I also deleted pickem and nothing.

Anybody have any ideas ?
    Where can you set the zoom factor ?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    it is definitely the camera test app.... i had this before and i thoguht my camera was broken (i actually attributed to it being the data connection being sent) but once i had a reset loop and had to do a hard reset the camera came back
  10.    #10  
    Sorry for no reply, i thought i had Email notification turned on, looks like i didnt, didnt realise anyone had replied..

Well the probelm actually dissapered on its own, so i left it, but its back again now.. I will get the camera test prog and upload any settings..

Yet again the camera is fine after a hard reset, hold the top "wireless on/off" button, hit the reset then when see palm screen let go of wireless button and press up for yes delete all data.. camera works fine..

And yes, the camera looks fuzzy like an untuned TV station, in dark light situation it looks green.

I will get details then post again.
  11.    #11  
    OK..
    All with problems, have you had live installed???

Download camera test from http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=111

load it and hit menu or use the pointer, go to "Change IFP settings", then scroll where it says "base matrix signs" and change it to "Format control" Hit default, Set, then done.
    Go back to camera and check its ok
    Might be worth noting down the number in there before you reset it to default in case you wish to change it back if it doesnt help.

Thanks to all and Poryphyron for suggesting camera test

Hopefully it will stay ok this time and im never installing live again..
    Last edited by stu@; 10/10/2004 at 05:56 AM.
    Thanks.
    After digging around treocentral's search. I dug up this string. I have this same problem.

1. What is Live? What did it do? I've never used/loaded it, so this can't be my cause, but perhaps a related prog has caused my problem.

2. Tried doing the Camera Test fix: changed Format Control back to default. No change.

(My camera works -- after a hard reset it's functioning -- but one I HotSync my apps back on I lose it again).

I've actually lived without my camera for months now, but I've gotten the bug back to find a solution.

Thanks,
    (pg) Palm Pilot Professional => Palm III => Palm Vx=> Treo 180g =>Treo 600.
    parenthetical guy
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by parenthetic guy
    1. What is Live? What did it do? I've never used/loaded it, so this can't be my cause, but perhaps a related prog has caused my problem.
    Its just a video recorder.

As a last resort try resetting all your camera settings.. for me it was the above setting.

Go to camera test. Go to "menu" "camera preferences"
    Select them all one by one and hit "delete".

you could do them one at a time untill the problem goes away, but you'll possibly introduce other problems by leaving some settings there and deleting others.

HTH
    may the Treo gods shine down upon you with great honor...

it worked. your camera preferences delete tip did the trick. after two bloody months I have camera back!
    parenthetical guy