1.    #1  
    Just got this from Cnet.com

http://news.com.com/Updated+Tungsten...tag=html.alert

on Oct. 25, PalmOne will continue its highly anticipated product revamp with the introduction of the Treo 650, an update to its smart-phone family that will have a high-resolution screen and a higher-end processor, the sources said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight
    Just got this from Cnet.com
    You're late to the party. We were talking about that article two days ago.

Trevor
    "PalmSource is not expected to create a Mac version of its Palm Desktop for Cobalt--so far, it has developed a Windows version only."

It's one thing for the PocketPC's to not support Macs (because they never have, and the OS is by M$) but for Palm to support the Mac and then withdraw support would be a big NO NO in my book. I would be VERY reluctant to support a company that did this. I would boycott them and hope they go down the pan regretting their decision.

(PalmDesktop is pretty crap software, but at least it does the job).
    Good to see it in writing! And it may have been mentioned here before but I didn't see it and I'm on the boards daily.

I just subscribed to the Alerts at CNET with keywords ("Treo 650") for this simple reason. Sometimes we miss things on the board.

It would be nice if TreoCentral posted a Sticky notice when the Treo is actually released for folks who may come late to the party.

Just my .2 cents
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    "Release".

Where did that word come from w.r.t. the 650? Did it come from PalmOne?

Or did it come out of the head of the CNET writer?

Perhaps it will be a "launch" instead.

Or an "introduction".

Maybe it WILL be a "release".
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo__baggins
    "PalmSource is not expected to create a Mac version of its Palm Desktop for Cobalt--so far, it has developed a Windows version only."
    I didn't understand this line. Are they saying that the 650 is or is not compatable with MAC?
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zrs70
    I didn't understand this line. Are they saying that the 650 is or is not compatable with MAC?
    No, Cobalt is the next Palm OS. The 650 will have Garnet
    So t”
    let's try that again w/o the Blazer bug...

So the 90 percent of Windows users suffer because of the 10 percent of Mac users.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    And Mark/Space's Missing Sync will work with Cobalt... I'm a Mac user and wish the Treo 650 came with Cobalt... it'll be "outdated" the day it comes out, stuck at Garnet!
    integrated devices are going to be a couple of steps behind
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    "Release".

Where did that word come from w.r.t. the 650? Did it come from PalmOne?

Or did it come out of the head of the CNET writer?

Perhaps it will be a "launch" instead.

Or an "introduction".

Maybe it WILL be a "release".
    W.r.t. the Tungsten we now know what "release" currently means for PalmOne (or maybe that CNET writer).

It means "announcement of something coming sometime in the future".

It doesn't mean what you and I think "release" should mean.

How surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    W.r.t. the Tungsten we now know what "release" currently means for PalmOne (or maybe that CNET writer).

It means "announcement of something coming sometime in the future".

It doesn't mean what you and I think "release" should mean.

How surprising.
    Well in CNET's defense, it is up on the website with all the information about it. Sure you can't buy it at just this minute, but I would think you could buy it in the next day or so. They aren't going to risk canabalizing all their products and put up a brand-new (arguably, I suppose) top-end on the front page, and then not sell it for a month. So maybe we see the same thing with the Treo 650. I think CNET only said it would be released "later this month", meaning that even if October 25th comes and goes without being able to buy, it doesn't mean they are wrong. I'm guessing the introduction comes out on the 25th and maybe the product is buyable on the 30th? Just a stab there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Poppa_TN
    October PPC6601 (no camera)
    October Sanyo 8200 Green (RL)
    Late October LG 325
    Late October Sanyo 7400
    Late October Rim Blackberry
    November Samsung 760
    December PPC6600 (camera)
    December Treo 650 with camera
    December Treo 650 without camera
    December Samsung 740
    December Audiovox 8912
    Late December LG 535
    Jan/Feb Sanyo 5600

On a side note... A green sanyo 8200?? I bet that will be ugly!
    This was taken from sprintpcsinfo.com. and they're usually on point with release dates.
    I think I found why October 25th is a big day. It's the first day of the CTIA convention in San Francisco. Manufacturers and providers will be announcing their new products. Unfortunately, it would seem that October 25th will be the official unveiling of the Treo 650. I would take a good guess and say it will be available for sale sometime after that.