1.    #1  
    HELP! Tonight I droped my t600 into a glass with about 1.5 inches of water head first. I took off the cover and took a blow dryer to it. everything works fine now but the buttons are wrong. if you press select it does down. the mail button and the power buttons do the same thing. I have no idea what to do. Any Ideas????
  2.    #2  
    I cant use it cause i cant get past the welcome screen where you have to use the slect button to select english
    leave it somewhere warm to dry out completely, it sounds like it's still damp inside.
    If you have it open then you could try disconnecting the battery and it's probably worth doing a hard reset (do you have a current backup of your data).
    This is just general advice based on water and electronics, I don't know if anyone has specific Treo experince.
    Good luck
    Ian
    your problem will get better with time as it dries but its just much quicker to send it back for warranty. they'll send u another one.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I second the drying in a warm place idea! If it's sunny where you are, take it outside. I spilled a cafe mocha IN my laptop about a month ago. I yanked out the power cord and the battery and turned the power off and took it to the kitchen sink and started spraying water into the keyboard while holding it at an angle. I sprayed water in the vents and in the card slot. When I felt like I had gotten all the sticky stuff out, I took it to the back porch and set it upright on it's side to let it drain and dry. When I came back in teh house, I notice my Treo sitting in the puddle of cae mocha left on the table (I was doing a hotsync at the time!), so I repeated the procedure with the 600 (except I was careful NOT to get any water in the card slot and I didn't use nearly as much water). Two hours later, I couldn't stand it anymore, so I brought both in and turned everything on AND IT WORKED!!! I couldn't believe it! Let us know if your Treo survived...
    was in a sauna in china, went to do a number one and my treo fell out my robe pocket into the toilet, wasn't totally immersed but got water damage nonetheless... treo wouldn't turn on afterwards... gave it a few days to dry, it was back in action, except three keys were remapped to something else and sometimes they would work normally, sometimes they wouldn't. It was too unreliable so I sent it back to TMo, it was a free replacement under warranty anyway.
    give it a few days to dry, it should be alright. if it's not then send it back for warranty. try to avoid hairdryers, they can warp the plastic used in some electronics.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHiNNuTS
    was in a sauna in china, went to do a number one and my treo fell out my robe pocket into the toilet, wasn't totally immersed but got water damage nonetheless... treo wouldn't turn on afterwards... gave it a few days to dry, it was back in action, except three keys were remapped to something else and sometimes they would work normally, sometimes they wouldn't. It was too unreliable so I sent it back to TMo, it was a free replacement under warranty anyway.

I'm impressed you wanted to try using it again at all. Hope you washed your hands!
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Returning under warranty for this kind of thing may be possible but would you want someone to do it to you...? Karma is a dispassionate accounting mechanism.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Are you willing to play with your health? After all a Treo, like all cellular phones, is a microwave machine you place on your head!

A little miscallibration and you've got yourself a tumour, or worse.

See www.drgauss.com to measure cell output.

See www.safelevel.com for Time Magazine and CNN coverage on radiation.
    also make sure to put on your tinfoil hat whenever at your computer
    I dunked mine yesterday in the sink. Mine's a hacked Sprint T600 on Verizon's network, so I got no warranty. Long story short: I eventually had to disconnect the keyboard and clean the contacts because some of the buttons weren't working.

Longer version:
    I read a few posts about using rubbing alcohol or Electronics cleaner to wash away the water, so I ran over to Radio Shack and bought some "Precision Electronics Cleaner" and a set of Torx drivers (T6 is what you need). I took the back off the phone and doused the phone with about half a can of the cleaner. Then I let it sit overnight. Even after letting it sit overnight, the cleaner was still pooling in various cracks and crevices (especially in the display), so I took the front off and lifted the display up and used some paper towels to mop up the cleaner. There's a piece of sponge between the lcd and the pcd that was still soaked. After much manual drying and let it sit for another 8 hours.

After putting it back together and powering it up, it seemed to work except that the display was still kinda weird. Also, the down button didn't work - it was acting like the up button. So, I took it apart again and removed the keyboard connector and cleaned it - that fixed the keyboard. The screen problem was that there was still some cleaner behind the lcd (between the lcd and the reflector.)

Note that the cleaner will be absorbed by the rubber and foam pieces. Those pieces will get almost twice as big until the solvent dries out of them. It's probably best to remove as many of those pieces before dousing with the cleaner. As matter of fact, If I were to try this again, I'd probably use alcohol instead of the cleaner. Also, I think the cleaner is a bit harsh on the plactic pieces as I broke a few parts and had to superglue them back together - hopefully they will hold.
    So, in my formerly wet Treo 600 (now apparently dry), the down button acts like the up button, the 0 key seems to act intermittently like the left button, and the middle number keys (2,5,8) act like the number key to the left (1,4,7).

I opened the phone, and did not see or feel any water, but I noticed a little corrosion on the metal surface of the backside of the keyboard sensor board and the metal surface facing it on the main board. Also, the front of the keyboard sensor board (where all the contacts are) had what seemed to be discoloration that was caused by some water seepage around some of the keyboard keys. I guess I should have opened up the phone right after it was dunked, but I didn't even have the right Torx tool at the time.

Any, I see that whosywhat had a similar problem (at least with the down button) that was solved by cleaning the keyboard connector. I'm having a hard time removing the darn connector. Does anyone have a hint as to doing that safely (without permanant damage)?
    Can't remember where I read this, but remember reading that in cases of electronic devices getting wet, you should put the device in a plastic bag of rice. Yeah, I know, it sounds weird.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    I would stop turning it on for a while. Some more advice here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...60#post1185360