1.    #1  
    Hi

Brand new here, and I am looking to buy the Treo 600. I have done a lot of research and I like what it can offer.

Any advice from the pro's out there before I go out and spend that kind of $$..?

I am going to have to switch to Sprint as well.

Thanks
    You did your homework, your set. Go buy it, get the 'have to have' apps like TreoButler, TreoGuard and suck and then enjoy.

Just check into the carriers good, some have huge data plans ($).
    I use sprint and am very happy and also have unlimited data (Vision) for $10 a month.

The CDMA SPrint version is digital, no analog, so you have to keep that in mind. It's never been an issue for me, but I don't go to BFE very often either. Mine also worked in Shanghai China..what a trip....

Get some good ear buds for the MP3 Palyer and also get a SD card too.
    NewEgg.com has the ScanDisk 1G for $89ish plus $1.99 for shiping...GOTTA LOVE THAT...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    You did your homework, your set. Go buy it, get the 'have to have' apps like TreoButler, TreoGuard and suck and then enjoy.

Just check into the carriers good, some have huge data plans ($).
    I use sprint and am very happy and also have unlimited data (Vision) for $10 a month.

The CDMA SPrint version is digital, no analog, so you have to keep that in mind. It's never been an issue for me, but I don't go to BFE very often either. Mine also worked in Shanghai China..what a trip....

Get some good ear buds for the MP3 Palyer and also get a SD card too.
    NewEgg.com has the ScanDisk 1G for $89ish plus $1.99 for shiping...GOTTA LOVE THAT...
    Thanks.

If you dont mind me asking, what do TreoButler, TreoGuard do??

1G? That is great

Thanks again
    If i were you... i'd wait a month or two for the treo 650... otherwise you will be severely disappointed when it does finally come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by voorson
    Thanks.

If you dont mind me asking, what do TreoButler, TreoGuard do??

1G? That is great

Thanks again
    No problem, Use the search function on this forum and use 'treobutler' and then 'treoguard' and you will find the info. TreoButler address stuff that the Treo perhaps shouuld have come with. TreoGaurd does the same for the phone portion.

Ya, 1G, name brand, I am stoked. ALso got an eVGA nVidia 6800GT video card with Doom3 bundled for $400 from NewEgg too. Peruse the the forum and you'll find more info on the Treo. Also look in the FAQ section as well.
    Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by outz
    If i were you... i'd wait a month or two for the treo 650... otherwise you will be severely disappointed when it does finally come out.
    No offence, that's all relative. I may keep my Treo600 over the 650
    Well, he wanted opinions... that's mine. I purchased my treo less than 3 months ago... after purchasing, and having to come to grips with the resolution issue (my major problem) I then found out a new high resolution model would be coming out soon. I now wish I would have waited.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    If you can stand the wait, hold off a little longer for the 650. The added features/improvements will be worth it. General consensus is that it should be poking it's head out of the closet around the end of next month. Also, check out Cingular's plans. That's what I have, and they have an unlimited data plan for $19.95 (current special). I love my 600, but I'll be getting a new one as soon as Cingular gets their hands on some.
    Another reason to wait is that when the 650 comes out the price for the 600 should drop precipitously (this is logical speculation and I have no idea how the various providers would handle pricing). If you don't need hi-res or Bluetooth the 600 is still a very good choice. Lots of good software has already been optimized for the 600. Also, all indications are that for the first few months the 650 will only be available from Sprint, whereas the 600 is currently available from Sprint, Cingular, T-Mobile, ATT and Verizon.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the replies. I live in Tucson and as of now Cingular does not provide service here.

Sprint provides 'all you can eat' data for $15.00/ month. That is what I will go with.

As for the 650.............I assume it will be a lot more money, I assume that it will have many bugs to work out the first year as the 600 did. Are my assumptions off?

Either way, I appreciate the input.