Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a HUGE Treo 600 fan, but that ugly blue color makes me not even want to buy a Treo 650. I would seriously not buy the Treo 650 if it is this puke color.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    you know i always liked the silver but its a true case of the grass being greener on the other side...hugh grant cheating on elizabeth berkely with a hosebeast etc etc. you covet what u cant have.

here in the US you can at least see sprint phones in the color we sprint users have. however, overseas they never see the sprint color. when my friend from singapore came here, (he also uses a treo 600) he was drooling over my Sprint colors while i pined for silver a little. honestly though, i have grown fond of having at least one non silver item in my gadget bag.

final thought: do not covet your neighbors colors
    You can make mine pink! Just let me have one!!!!
    this is what you get for *****ing so much about not having bluetooth. not enough blue, too much blue...when will the madness end?
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead
    this is what you get for *****ing so much about not having bluetooth. not enough blue, too much blue...when will the madness end?
    wins the thread!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    after warranty, tax, and accessories (car charger, sd card, case, dock, egrips, screen protector, pro clip) and apps it is a $1000+ phone.
    I don't like the silver very much. Silver plastic can look cheap at times. I wish sprint would make the 650 the charcoal color of the 600
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    you know i always liked the silver but its a true case of the grass being greener on the other side...hugh grant cheating on elizabeth berkely with a hosebeast etc etc. you covet what u cant have.
    Hugh Grant cheated on Elizbeth Hurley, not Elizabeth Berkely. Of course, after watching Showgirls ....

Anyway, I like the Sprint charcoal color. The 650's blue reminds me of the old Nokia phones I used to have. Besides, ever notice that a BlackBerry is blue, not black?

Bring on the blue!!!!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Not that anyone asked...

I think the blue looks cheap. It also reminds me of that piece-of-trash Samsung flip I used to have. It could not get a decent signal even when I was close enough to the tower to hit it with the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    Someone please tell me the Sprint (CDMA) phone is not the ugly blue that I've seen in the pictures. If so I may need to switch carriers!
    -Vincent
    Okay. Just for you.

The Sprint (CDMA) phone is not the ugly blue.

I might be lying, of course.

wow, can you believe some weenies in suits sat around a conference table somewhere and unanimously agreed on that blue color? good gravy that's pretty damn ugly
    Now that the Treo 650 has a removable battery, how long before PalmOne lets us easily change faceplates, backplates and keypads like my old Nokias could?

Is anyone at PalmOne listening?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy
    Okay. Just for you.

The Sprint (CDMA) phone is not the ugly blue.

I might be lying, of course.

The Sprint 650 at the store in Chattanooga is silver.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Besides, ever notice that a BlackBerry is blue, not black?
    they're black. the newer ones are blue tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    The Sprint 650 at the store in Chattanooga is silver.
    Yes, as posted elsewhere in this forum, it appears there are more than one color of advanced CDMA phones out there. Although, if your Sprint store doesn't have the color you want, you can just cover it up with egrips.

For me personally, there is nothing better than a nice blue anything. Particularly when combined with another fantastic color -- ORANGE!! But that's why there's chocolate AND vanilla (and cookies & creme, and fudge tracks, and, etc). Let's remember why we're all so anxious to get this darn phone in the marketplace - function. If it were form we'd be on some other forum like prissyphonecentral.com or something.

I could probably find an excuse to buy the darn thing even if it came in garnet and gold. Ok, maybe not.
    KitMoni
    Quote Originally Posted by kitmoni
    Yes, as posted elsewhere in this forum,
    By me
    Bump.

Man, the Sprint version is one ugly phone. It's honestly not the blue color that really gets me, but that silver/grey piece that surrounds the screen that looks so crappy against the blue. My 600 looks so much nicer.
    Can't make everyone happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Can't make everyone happy.
    But it seems like there are a lot of people who are not happy. That can't be good for Sprint and Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    Someone please tell me the Sprint (CDMA) phone is not the ugly blue that I've seen in the pictures. If so I may need to switch carriers!
    -Vincent
    They can paint it Carrot Top(TM)-with-Puke(TM) color for all I care, as long as I get it on time.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast