1.    #1  
    I know this is my first post so nobody will believe me, but I have been a lurker for about 2 years, since I first got my Treo.
    I have a friend who works for a major company in the PDA/Handheld community. I was telling him a few weeks ago about the 650 rumors and asked if he had seen one yet, to which he said no.. But a few days ago I saw him again and what did he pull out of his pocket? A GSM treo 650 engineering sample. It was a beauty to behold, the screen is incredible, and the new keyboard backlight is great.. I was in a hurry so I was only able to see it for about 2 minutes, but verified that it does have bluetooth, although I am not sure what profiles are enabled. The button on the side underneath the volume ottons has no function at this time, leading me to believe that it is in fact a PTT button.
    The treo had a four digit code on the front and back, probably for tracking in case of leaks, but I don't know who wouldn't photoshop that before posting pictures anyway...
    I will see if I can get anymore details next monday when I see him again.

I want to thank everyone at Treocentral for providing this excellent board which I have been following for a long time, and thanks to all of you other treo junkies like me!

Joshua Clark
    does the GSM version have EDGE for data?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  3.    #3  
    As EDGE is a provider feature, and I do not know which provider his GSM 650 was on, or if that provider has EDGE in Atlanta where I am located, the answer is I don't know. When I next see him/the Treo, is there any software that you are aware of for testing if the phone supports EDGE? Obviously I can do a speedtest, but depending on network usage that may not be an accurate indication.
    AWS has nationwide EDGE. You are right that it is a network fearture, but the handset must also support EDGE, and not just GPRS

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

5.    #5  
    So is there a way to tell if edge is supported in the handset if the network does not?
    maybe in the preferences, under network, If you try to create a new account, maybe it will say something besides GPRS, ISDN or wireless dial up (CSD). That'd be one way to check I suppose, but I imagine that whoever has the handset can tell you more.

Quote Originally Posted by howiecam
    I was in a hurry so I was only able to see it for about 2 minutes, but verified that it does have bluetooth, although I am not sure what profiles are enabled.

Now you know this is a fake story....Who here only has 2 MINUTES TO LOOK AT A 650!!!??? Now if you said 20...I'd believe you...if you said your friend would only show it to you for 2 minutes and he is a sadist...id believe you...but you chose to only look for 2 min?
  8.    #8  
    yes, i only had 2 minutes because hurricane Jeanne was coming through and I wanted to get home, knowing full well that I would see my friend the next week and spend more time with it then.
    yes, i only had 2 minutes because hurricane Jeanne was coming through and I wanted to get home, knowing full well that I would see my friend the next week and spend more time with it then.
    But that you thought you could wait a week is incredible. I would have jumped him and taken it, as this lies deeper than loyalty to a friend. And I would spit on a hurricane if that would give me more time.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    -------------------------------------
    Dude! Dont worry about explaining yourself to this guy-- just let us know (post on Monday) if the phone has CDMA 2000 EVO or the "Edge" data transmission capability.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    -------------------------------------
    Dude! Dont worry about explaining yourself to this guy-- just let us know (post on Monday) if the phone has CDMA 2000 EVO or the "Edge" data transmission capability.
    Will do, I'll tackle him this time and take the phone!

tackle him...i would have fed him to the hurricane.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    tackle him...i would have fed him to the hurricane.
    lol
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Lmao

call all of us after you tackle him. we will all hudle around you and call you king for a day, or maybe even a week (if you feed some of us)
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    howiecam sucks

the Monday came and went and no new info

Maybe the hurricane got him. A moment of silence, please....
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Maybe he did see the guy with the treo 650. And wanted to see it for "longer".

Then maybe he decided longer meant forever... so maybe he killed the guy and took his treo?

He must be in hiding wondering why he has no signal?

(Do you think they would cancel a cellphone SIM card if the owner dies?)
    The ONLY question that really matters is..."When does DOOM get to hold one? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.