1.    #1  
    I'm one of those that's planning on skipping the 650 (although that could change as soon as i see one in person) but it's got me wondering what will happen to application development for the 600.

Since the 600 is low-res and all the other current color palms are hi-res, will developers continue to create\upgrade apps for the 600.

I guess it depends on the difficulty of creating 2 flavors (hi-res & low-res) but I'm not a Palm programmer so I don't know.

What do you think?
    Well let's just say that apps that were written "specificly" for the Treo 180/270/300 didn't have *much* of a life after the Treo 600 came out.
    It all depends on a couple factors:
    Will the current 600 apps work on a 650 correctly? If so, added life of the 600 will last for a while for new apps.
    How many people will **NOT** jump to the 650. If many sit on the 600 for a long time, it will extend the life.
    It also depends on the kind of apps you are looking for. More and more games and launchers are only going to hi-res but many other apps won't need hi-res.

Just a hypothetical guess: You'll most likely be able to extend the life of the Treo 600 for about a year or so but that's just my guess. I guess you can look at it this way, by then the 650 price will go down a bit.