1.    #1  
    Using a simple headset 2.5mm jack to listen to music. (Treo600-Verizon)

Dosen't work...Do i need to buy the specific Treo600 headset?

I tried another unit I had with a mute button on it. Works only if you hold the mute button down...

Sounds incredible by the way..

Any suggestions?

(Treo600-Verizon)
    You need the adapter to play music effectively. Then you can use your regular headphones of choice. Do a search as there is lots of info on the topic. Look at the Seido Threads especially.

john
    jsheer,
    A standard headset (w/mic) will not work for music. The Treo auto-detects whether a headset or headpones is plugged in -- a microphone has a different impedance than a speaker -- ad adjusts its behavior accordingly. There are several manufacturers with 2.5mm jack headphones, or buy Palm's, or use an adapter w/ normal 3.5mm headphones.
    Visorphone>T180>T600>T650
    i just got a cheap headset for mp3 use from www.unlockthatmobile.com that doubles as an FM radio. works great. Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by jsheer
    Using a simple headset 2.5mm jack to listen to music. (Treo600-Verizon)

Dosen't work...Do i need to buy the specific Treo600 headset?

I tried another unit I had with a mute button on it. Works only if you hold the mute button down...

Sounds incredible by the way..

Any suggestions?

(Treo600-Verizon)
    check out Freedom that will let you listen to mp3 and audio sound using any headset or ear piece and even the Treo supplied ear piece. goto www.toysoft.ca/freedom.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca