Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    BTW, its my understanding from other threads that they are checking to make sure you really did register for the event in order to get the discount, code or no code. I made sure in my Treo order I used the same email address and exact name and address that i used when i registered for the chicago event.
    What makes it great for me is I am upgrading from a 300 which is in brand new condition (was a replacement from lockline when i dropkicked my old one) and have a friend that wants to buy the 300 and accessories from me for $100. So for me the 650 will be costing a net $250. Very much worth it IMO
    It's great to hear that the 650 is available from the site.
    I really don't want to sound too greedy (ok just this once), but I'm wondering if we qualify for the $150 18-month rebate from Sprint, if we'd be able to apply that on top of the discounted price. Would anyone know about this?

If not, I can ask at the roadshow on Thurs. Thanks.
    I know this has been brought up earlier in this thread, but I can't believe all of you are putting your credit card numbers on an UNSECURE site. I don't want to be pessimistic, but this smells like a scam. When you go to www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents, you are automatically redirected to another site with just an IP address (very suspicious). The site that asks for your credit card number is not secure (look for the little lock on whichever browser you use), which is a NO-NO when using the internet. Whoever made this site was very clever, but there are some clear warning signs (some repeated, sorry):
    -No one has actually received one of these yet.
    -No SSL for a CREDIT CARD site.
    -They ask for the code on the back of the card. A seller NEVER needs this.
    -Weird IP address.
    -To "sign up" for an account, your credit card is required (This is even before you purchase the demo item)
    -They use palmOne's font and logo (just seems strange to me)
    -The "Treo 650" link doesn't work in Product Specifications.

I would honestly stay away and avoid the potential headache, regardless of where you got this website address from.
    Mine arrives tomorrow (got a tracking number for UPS)...I used a one-time credit card number, so if it is a scam, i won't have to worry bout it.
    Ask, but I doubt it. The $150 discount is when you purchase it from Sprint I think. If there is a way to combine the discounts I would love to try it as well, although I am not eligible for the $150 sprint discount until December.
    The Credit Card I use for these kind of purchases is a "pre-pay" card that I load money into and I never put more in than is necessary, so at least there is that.
    Quote Originally Posted by handtruck
    I know this has been brought up earlier in this thread, but I can't believe all of you are putting your credit card numbers on an UNSECURE site. I don't want to be pessimistic, but this smells like a scam. When you go to www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents, you are automatically redirected to another site with just an IP address (very suspicious). The site that asks for your credit card number is not secure (look for the little lock on whichever browser you use), which is a NO-NO when using the internet. Whoever made this site was very clever, but there are some clear warning signs (some repeated, sorry):
    -No one has actually received one of these yet.
    -No SSL for a CREDIT CARD site.
    -They ask for the code on the back of the card. A seller NEVER needs this.
    -Weird IP address.
    -To "sign up" for an account, your credit card is required (This is even before you purchase the demo item)
    -They use palmOne's font and logo (just seems strange to me)
    -The "Treo 650" link doesn't work in Product Specifications.

I would honestly stay away and avoid the potential headache, regardless of where you got this website address from.
    Just FYI:

Final results obtained from whois.arin.net.
    Results:

OrgName: ThePlanet.com Internet Services, Inc.
    OrgID: TPCM
    Address: 1333 North Stemmons Freeway
    Address: Suite 110
    City: Dallas
    StateProv: TX
    PostalCode: 75207

ReferralServer: rwhois://rwhois.theplanet.com:4321

NetRange: 67.18.0.0 - 67.19.255.255
    CIDR: 67.18.0.0/15
    NetName: NETBLK-THEPLANET-BLK-11
    NetHandle: NET-67-18-0-0-1
    Parent: NET-67-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: NS1.THEPLANET.COM
    NameServer: NS2.THEPLANET.COM
    Comment:
    RegDate: 2004-03-15
    Updated: 2004-07-29

TechHandle: PP46-ARIN
    TechName: Pathos, Peter
    TechPhone: +1-214-782-7800
    TechEmail: abuse@theplanet.com

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE271-ARIN
    OrgAbuseName: Abuse
    OrgAbusePhone: +1-214-782-7802
    OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@theplanet.com

OrgNOCHandle: TECHN33-ARIN
    OrgNOCName: Technical Support
    OrgNOCPhone: +1-214-782-7800
    OrgNOCEmail: admins@theplanet.com

OrgTechHandle: TECHN33-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Technical Support
    OrgTechPhone: +1-214-782-7800
    OrgTechEmail: admins@theplanet.com

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2004-10-25 19:10
    # Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    If it is a fraudluent site which is unlikely, all you do is call up your card company and they refuse the charge. That's why I love Amex. I've had them refuse charges on legitimate retailers who have tried to get over on me and with Amex fighting the charges all ends up well. If this thing is a fake if will cost me nothing.
    Last edited by Nesta; 10/26/2004 at 03:08 PM.
    I just ordered mine. I think there will be a rush on these things.
    For those that said they ordered the 650 and put down that they are attending one of the upcoming shows (Ie. Long Beach or Chicago), which code did you use.

I'm registered for the Washington, DC one on Nov. 18th and would really like to be able to order the 650 now. Wondering if it would work or should i just put NY and use the code for the NY one. I honestly will be attending the show, they can take my treo back if I lie (
    Quote Originally Posted by howardde
    I just ordered mine. I think there will be a rush on these things.
    I bet you're right about the impending rush.

And, supply will be short. Add to that the shipping policy of "first come, first served" (I got that info straight from the horse's mouth) and you have a recipe for a long wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavid
    For those that said they ordered the 650 and put down that they are attending one of the upcoming shows (Ie. Long Beach or Chicago), which code did you use.

I'm registered for the Washington, DC one on Nov. 18th and would really like to be able to order the 650 now. Wondering if it would work or should i just put NY and use the code for the NY one. I honestly will be attending the show, they can take my treo back if I lie (
    "Please see product specifications for current promotional pricing using your show coupon.

Orders will be cross referenced against our Mobile Solutions Road Show list of attendees and this promotion will be exclusive to those qualified attendees

Can I make my order before the event I attend?
    Please wait to make your order until you return from the actual event you attend with the coupon promotion code specific to that event"
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ANyone care to share if there was a special code for the discount at the SF show - or was it the same as the one from the NYC show?

Thanks in advance
    If you didn't attend, I don't think it will do you much good, but my card says

Coupon good until 11/30/04
    Coupon code : treoctia
    go to www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents/

Just ordered the discounted Treo 600 from Cingular. I need GSM for travel in Europe. I would have ordered the 650 but only Sprint is currently availble.
    So if the treo 600 is going to be $199 then how much is the treo 650 for sprint going to be. does anyone know yet? I'm going next thursday to dallas and will be ordering right afterwards.

edit: nevermind i found the price page. its now $249 for the 600 and $349 for the 650 which is fine with me. a lot better than paying $650 for the 650
    I ordered the Treo 650 w/Sprint for $349 using the SF Roadshow discount and received a confirmation email for it.

The pricing for all products is here: http://67.18.75.158/prodspecs.php?P=events
    very jealous!
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    is there a shipping charge. I just hope they dont incrementally raise the price past $349, thats a crazy deal.
    Not that I don't trust you all, but since there were actual treocentral staff members at the conference in San Francisco, can one you confirm this promotion is actually what you get at the RoadShows?
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast