Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    They mentioned that an unlocked GSM version would ba available for purchase at $199, but I don't see that as a choice on the order page. I thought I read somewhere that Cingular's version is unlocked. Is that the case?
    i imagine that it will allow a full pim sync with the exchange 2003 outlook mobile access. i'm not sure how it works in 2003, but in 2000 it's a sync for email, contacts, calendar, notes, tasks, anytime you want. i believe that with 2003 it supports a push.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    They mentioned that an unlocked GSM version would ba available for purchase at $199, but I don't see that as a choice on the order page. I thought I read somewhere that Cingular's version is unlocked. Is that the case?
    cingular's were unlocked when the treo first came out. i dont know if that is still the case.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Hey MisterEd or racerx2k - have you received any confirmation of your orders for the $199 Treos from the Treo Road Show coupon offer? Has anyone else placed an order?
    I placed the order on the T-Mobile model earlier last week and also called up the number to see what's the ship date. The gentleman told me he's out of stock and should receive them this Friday (10/15). He also said he will be contacting everyone that placed the order and will provide a better ship date.

I did ask if the T-Mobile model is unlocked... he said yes and I can use the T-Mobile model with Cingular or AT&T.
    I received a confirmation email immediately after placing an order. Then I called and left a message on the voice mail phone number on the card to change the phone (order wrong provider in error). The guy called me back 2 hrs later (I wasn't in the office) and said he would take care of it and I would hear from them within a couple days.
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive
    Hey MisterEd or racerx2k - have you received any confirmation of your orders for the $199 Treos from the Treo Road Show coupon offer? Has anyone else placed an order?
    I was @ the RoadShow also @ NYC, I got 2 coupons...I'm thinking of ordering a GSM Treo...will I need to get a seperate service plan? I have Verizon service
    right now, but if I get a Treo for good...I cant pay $50 for a data plan with Verizon.
    So I's like to try out the GSM service in my area (North NJ).
    So has anyone that did not attend the RoadShow try to order one from this site? Just curious as I'm interested in the 650 but wouldn't mind spending $200 for 600 until the 650 comes out.
    I just received my confirmation call. Unfortunately, Viennachannels still does not have the T600's in stock but expects them end of week. They will contact me again when they arrive and provide options on shipping such as overnight. There will be a normal shipping charge for these on top of the $199 price. Still an awesome deal.
    This is the email I just got:

Your TREO 600 demo order should be shipped within the next week as soon as inventory arrives to our location. At that time, we will contact you to confirm the shipment details.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Jeff Marinangel
    Vienna Channels palmOne Program
    817-308-8188
    If you get a GSM one, you will need a separate service plan. I went with T-Mobile because they have unlimited internet for $29.99. Reception is not too bad, but my verizon phone almost always gets better signal. I'm in central/north NJ as well.

Check out howardforums to see if you can set up your Treo to only use your minutes instead of signing up for a data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by shuto007
    I was @ the RoadShow also @ NYC, I got 2 coupons...I'm thinking of ordering a GSM Treo...will I need to get a seperate service plan? I have Verizon service
    right now, but if I get a Treo for good...I cant pay $50 for a data plan with Verizon.
    So I's like to try out the GSM service in my area (North NJ).
    I just signed up for the Los Angeles roadshow. Looking forward to attending and also getting that $200 Treo!
    I got the same exact email at 4:45 pm today. Racer, I'm assuming you're in NY?

Quote Originally Posted by racerx2k
    This is the email I just got:

Your TREO 600 demo order should be shipped within the next week as soon as inventory arrives to our location. At that time, we will contact you to confirm the shipment details.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Jeff Marinangel
    Vienna Channels palmOne Program
    817-308-8188
    I didn't get an email but I got a phonecall on my service from Jeff Marinangel saying the same thing as your email.

Anyone find out if these were refurbs or new?

Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    I got the same exact email at 4:45 pm today. Racer, I'm assuming you're in NY?
    I haven't attended the "Road Show", but I went ahead and placed an order for the Treo 600.

This is the email I instantly received after placing order:
    "We will contact you within five business days regarding the expected shipment and delivery of your purchase. Your credit card will not be charged until your order ship date. Please refer to your order number below in all correspondence regarding this order."

Hopefully it's not a scam and I will get it!
    Thanks dlstang, I think I'll go ahead and give it a try as well. What's the worst they can say, no...
    I did not attend the NYC show, but signed up for the SF show. Then I used the coupon that other posters listed above. I received the same 2 confirmation emails that everyone else has gotten: 1) will notify in 5 days .... and 2) we don't have in stock, expect to have friday, will let you know when it ships.
    With all due respect .... you guys who ordered one without being there really should have enough intelligence not to announce that fact!

And if you can't figure out the reason why I suggest not posting that information then I guess you don't have enough intelligence which is why you are posting that information.
    well, i'm techno-coherent, but not techno-savy, so this is all i know from the following googled site:

http://www.creativemag.com/onlweekly110998.html

Nokia Display Products Names J. Marinangel, VP Of Brand Sales & Mktg.
    Nokia Display Products, Inc. (NDPI) has appointed Jeffrey A. Marinangel as Vice President of Brand Sales and Marketing. Marinangel joins NDPI from Tech Data Corp., where he successfully managed more than $1.2 billion of annual sales in the U.S. and Latin American markets as the Vice President of Product Marketing of the Peripherals Division. He previously held a variety of marketing and sales positions at PepsiCo Inc., including the Frito-Lay division of that company.

Then, googling viennachannels:

http://www.viennachannels.com/home

p.s. the number on the website is the same as on the order form.

either elaborate and well done scam, or on the up and up.

hell if i know!!
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast