Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    I just ordered a Verizon Treo 600 from the site (I already have a T-Mobile/GSM model). Note: You can try it out free for 30 days, and if you don't want it anymore, you can just return it (you pay shipping though). Mine's going straight to Ebay. Yes, that website is pretty pathetic looking.

One thing from the show that was interesting...they said that PalmOne is not going to be on the cutting edge of innovation...so you're not going to see devices with all the latest and greatest right away...and since wi-fi is SOOOO cutting edge, that's the reason why it's not showing up in the 650. Whatever...I'm sure I'm going to buy the 650, and upgrade it again when they come out with a built-in wifi version. Sigh...i'm a sucker for toys...i'm getting the 650 mainly for bluetooth so I can get a good GPS system working. I have the iGolf SD receiver, which hasn't worked on any of the 3 Treo 600's have had...so that's going on Ebay too...
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Wifi is NOT cutting edge. It's been available in laptops for years. Of course, my laptop has a big honking battery.
    You must've missed my sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by skaorsk8
    I asked the quesiton! that was me!! WOOOOT!
    Were you at the morning or afternoon show? I'm pretty sure I heard them say that the coupon expires in 60 days in the PM show.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx2k
    You must've missed my sarcasm.
    Doh!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Were you at the morning or afternoon show? I'm pretty sure I heard them say that the coupon expires in 60 days in the PM show.
    I was in the morning. They said it didn't expire - but, if it is 60 days, it's ok, I'm sure the 650 will be out before then ...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Can anyone say REFURB models?

Just a thought.
    Wow. What a "glass half empty" crowd.

What's the next comment going to be? "Gee, I bet it has a monochome screen!"?

Why is it so shocking that a discount is being offered on the Treo 600?

This is a Treo Road Show that seeks to make more people, especially in the corporate environment, more aware of mobile data applications. The vendors that were present were corporate oriented. They were offering data sharing applications, remote security tools, and application development tools. This wasn't a tour to say, "Hey, check out this cool game called Bedazzled". The topics that were discussed referred to the design methodology used by palmOne. One of the VPs for sales referred to palmOne's focus on the "Prosumer" (Professional Consumer) and the Enterprise market.

So it makes sense that they are offering the Treo at a discount. Efforts to see if this can be parlayed into a Treo 650 for $199 are far more wishful thinking than anything else. Buy hey, more power to ya if you pull it off. Sure, I was put off by the lax security of the website for the discount. But still, a deal is a deal is a deal.

Grab it.
    I was at the NYC Road Show yesterday, on behalf of Palm Addict and Treonauts.
    While there, I got Ed Colligan (pa1mOne President) to give me an impromptu interview.
    I also posted a Report on the Show, that includes some private Q&A I did with:
    -Rob Haitani: p1ís master Product Architect
    -Joe Fabris: p1ís Director of Wireless Marketing

Both the interview and Report are posted at Palm Addict. I think you'll get some better info then the speculation going on here. Here are the links:

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palma..._morning_i.html

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palma...interviews.html
    Here is the exact text from the coupon:

To help you see how the Treo can help your business' bottom line, we have a program for you to Try a Treo in your organization with no obligation.

Try a Treo for 30 days free

At the end of that time, if you decide to keep it, your cost is only $199. If not, simply return it to us*.

Go to www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents

Coupon Code: mobiletreo

*This offer is good for 1 unit only, and this coupon code will be matched against the email name you used to register for the event. Carrier activation and cellular charges are your responsibility. In the event that you wish to return the unit, you re responsible for shipping costs to return the device to pa1mOne, Inc.
    knowledgeman,

Your links don't work, looks like they were truncated somehow. I'd be intersted in reading what you wrote. Thanks!
    has anyone gotten a call back on the treo for 199?
    i really dont think they will offer the 650 at half off with that coupon. it makes no sense for them to do so. my real question is: is there such a thing as the device that does it all at this point: bluetooth, wi-fi, cellular and PDA-all in a comact design? how is that for demanding.
    Your links aren't working.
    Quote Originally Posted by knowledgeman
    I was at the NYC Road Show yesterday, on behalf of Palm Addict and Treonauts.
    While there, I got Ed Colligan (pa1mOne President) to give me an impromptu interview.
    I also posted a Report on the Show, that includes some private Q&A I did with:
    -Rob Haitani: p1ís master Product Architect
    -Joe Fabris: p1ís Director of Wireless Marketing

Both the interview and Report are posted at Palm Addict. I think you'll get some better info then the speculation going on here. Here are the links:

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palma..._morning_i.html

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palma...interviews.html
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Your links aren't working.
    Sorry: didn't realize the auto link-parse was switched on...
    Try these:

For the Colligan interview:
    http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmaddicts/2004/10/_this_morning_i.html

For the Road Show overview and Q&A:
    http://blog.treonauts.com/2004/10/report_from_the.html
    I find this Ed Colligan quote interesting:

"The Treo Family will have Exchange functionality by the end of the year."

For us exchange users, full synch with our Exchange environment is worth the upgrade to the 650 if that is what is required. Interestingly, note the treo family bit. Maybe the 600 will have the capability as well. I realize that this is a software solution, but it may require Garnet libraries. Should be an interesting quarter.
    Doug
    Do you think the website and code will remain the same for the SF show? I would appreciate it if someone who goes could tell me. I am registering there, so hopefully I can use the code and get the 650 on discount.
    Ed Colligan told me directly that all Treos (next-gen & the 600) will work with the Exchange connectivity, and it will be available before the end of this year.

He also stressed that the 600 is not going away, and will be an important part of the Treo Family...essentially a mid-priced model vs the 650 being the high-end model.
    That's why the Road Show...they know the 650 is going to suffer the same push-back for bulk sales as the 600 is now: too pricey. By marketing the daylights out of the 600, they are making sure it maintains high visibility amongst the carriers and their Enterprise/SMB clients. If the 600 drops to a reasonable list price with the release of the 650, then the 600 is a proven smartphone, with secure connections to RIM Blackberry mail and MS Exchange mail. Along with some of the security offerings I saw at the Road Show, at the right price-point, the 600 is positioned to be a winner for bulk-sales, with the 650 being the toy-of-choice for the Suits.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    The 650 is P1's high-end model only for 2004 and (a hopefully small) part of 2005. A wi-fi Treo is in the works, which I bet will also have EV-DO support. Dang it, I bet the next one won't be out until the 4th quarter of next year.
    Does anyone have more info about the exact capabilities of the Exchange software? I currently use the personal edition of Seven to push mail to my phone. My company does use Exchange 2003 now but can't install any custom software on the corporate servers. How does this new Exchange software compare to a solution like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss77
    Do you think the website and code will remain the same for the SF show? I would appreciate it if someone who goes could tell me. I am registering there, so hopefully I can use the code and get the 650 on discount.
    The discount is only for the Treo 600.
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast