Were you the guy who kept sneezing?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Hey Felipe,
    Were you the guy who kept sneezing?
    yes.

sorry.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Hi,
    I was in the mid-morning session (probably the only one there still using a Visor Prism/Sprint Digital Link-I promise I'll finally upgrade!). I thought the design presentation was very good.

Did anyone think they were a bit clueless about Ground Zero? First, they had the window curtains open most of the time, so I'm guessing lots of folks were distracted by the view of the WTC site. Then, his story about long airport security lines was a bit insensitive (he could look out the window and see why). I'm sure he was just trying to point out how neat it was to have so much connectivity and power, but he could have talked about doing the same thing at a car rental counter.

Nice to meet you all.
    I was at the 11am session. To be honest it was kind of a waste of time. The session didnt start until 11:25. The first speaker gave us some nonsensical marketing speech. The marketing guy was kind of rude when someone asked him a question. The design guy was the only one who said anything interesting. To be honest, I was planning on getting a 650, but after their demo, I just dont see the point of upgrading, they did not demonstrate one thing that the 650 can do that the 600 cant do right now (I dont care about Bluetooth or pushed/pulled email). I skipped out of there as soon as they said that the other companies there were going to make a presentation. Overall, a somewhat dissapointing event. Luckily my office was just a few blocks away, but still I could have found a better use for the 2 hours I wasted. I just dont understand why people are so excited about the 650. If I could upgrade to it for $50, I would do it, but for what amounts to a slightly better screen, it is just not worth the $350 investment. I think of myself as an early adopter, but this just does not seem to be the product that I should jump on.

Thats just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    yes.

sorry.
    I didn't mean to imply that you were annoying. I meant to express my sympathy. It sucks to have to get out of bed when you're sick.

As far as the upgrade, I don't have a 600 but I would definitely upgrade. I would eBay my 600 for cash and then use the %50 off coupon. I think the screen is absolutely gorgeous and the camera upgrade to work indoors under regular lighting is now actually useful.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orbeyonde
    If I could upgrade to it for $50, I would do it, but for what amounts to a slightly better screen, it is just not worth the $350 investment.
    Of course this is a matter of personal preference, but if you believe the only thing improved is the screen, you aren't a Treo 650 candidate. Increased resolution, faster processor, Bluetooth, faster SD slot, improved thumbboard are all pretty compelling. The fact that they are using a better manufacturer (HTC) should be enough for anyone to want to upgrade.

Unless the mid-day presentation was significantly different, you must have gotten something completely different out of the presentation than I did. I walked away from the presentation feeling like PalmOne is committed to improving the smartphone experience, and they had a pretty strong interest in hearing the complaints of Treo 600 users.
    Don't forget a much better camera chip, and Exchange integration for business users
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Frankly, the presentation (afternoon) opened my eyes to the greater functionality of the 650 over the 600. The marketing guy was just doing his thing, it should be put in persective; the design guy gave some insight into how they got to this point -- interesting to both myself and my partner, who has NO computer acumen at all. They are correct in assessing that the push/pull e-mail is the killer app; if we can get our e-mail instantly while out of the office, it frees us up to be fully connected while making sales calls, etc. All-in-all, an exciting proposition.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    Don't forget a much better camera chip, and Exchange integration for business users
    And removable battery.
    and refreshed PIM apps
    and dedicated call/hang-up buttons
    and a new version of Blazer
    and the self-portrait mirror! that's the best part

And the best new feature for me other than BT?
    NON-VOLATILE FLASH MEMORY

I hate worrying about the fact that I could lose everything not recently synchronized while on a trip or during heavy usage. This solves most of that issue for me.
    Last edited by adimiron; 11/17/2004 at 03:16 PM. Reason: more content
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
  11. MDK
    I was supposed to go up for the (original) afternoon session, yesterday. Ended up having a family issue keep me in Philly. (So close, yet so far.)

Can someone from the NYC show clarify whether there's any latitude or recourse, regarding the "coupon" and the Sprint offer?

Plainly, I wasn't there. Best I could do was read the mobile TC from the hospital waiting room, on my 600. I would have been, however, and would be getting the Sprint (even tho I bought my 600 this May).

Thoughts?

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by MDK
    I was supposed to go up for the (original) afternoon session, yesterday. Ended up having a family issue keep me in Philly. (So close, yet so far.)

Can someone from the NYC show clarify whether there's any latitude or recourse, regarding the "coupon" and the Sprint offer?

Plainly, I wasn't there. Best I could do was read the mobile TC from the hospital waiting room, on my 600. I would have been, however, and would be getting the Sprint (even tho I bought my 600 this May).

Thoughts?

Matt
    if you were registered, then use your email address at viennachannels.com/palmoneevents and the coupon code "palmsmart" to place an order and just hope it goes through, if they havn't crossed you off for not picking up your nametag at the desk.
    In Chicago, they said they were tracking actual attendance
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I think that's exactly what they did. They seemed to have a pretty good control over those name tags, which were tied to the e-mail addresses.
    i'm wondering if i could purchase 2 treos considering that i registered twice. i wasn't sure if the registration went through the first time so i registered again later with a different email address. but i ultimately did receive confirmation on the first registration as well.
    I went to the 11-1pm session, i was the spanish kid walking around and not paying attention. It was so boring I could only stay there for about 30 min and had to leave. I got my ID badge and coupon, I also place an order. NOW.. my friends registered with me but could not make it to pick up the IDs. I gave them the link and coupon code and they both place orders, Do you guys think they will be able to get it? They could just say they forgot to pick up the IDs?
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920