Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    well, this is what they gave us here at the roadshow. I don't think PalmOne would allow this to be a hoax at their own event. don't believe me, go to the show yourself.
    The site doesn't use SSL either it doesn't appear
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    racerx2k can order all the stuff he wants from that website. The site is being hosted at The Planet.... I really doubt Palm would use outside webhosting with no SSL and butchered logos to sell a product. FOAD
    What a bust that was. Unbelievable that they would dare do this less than a month from the date of their newer model. It was precisely one of them shows where they show you what you can do with your treo.

At one point, the presenter asked who in the audience had a Treo, and around 80% of the audience had one. One thing we got, possibly about the next Treo. Someone in the audience asked why are picture & ringtone assignable contacts only availabe from the favorites (therefore limited to 50) instead of from the contact list. They said, in odd words, that it would be available in future products.

I'm writing from my treo, forgive me if my grammar's a little eighth-grade.
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx2k
    In case anyone wants to check out the treo offer, go to:
    www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents
    coupon code: mobiletreo
    They say the code will be matched against the email name you use to register for the event.

Phishing expedition....stay away
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    What a bust that was. Unbelievable that they would dare do this less than a month from the date of their newer model.
    What makes you think it is "less than a month" for their newer model?

Announcing a product for the future in no way says that product exists.
    You are correct. It is odd. But no one is putting out bad info here. They placed a card on every seat (I have the card in front of me) and the information that racerx2k posted is 100% accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    The site doesn't use SSL either it doesn't appear
    You would be wrong. They did.

I am as surprised as anyone on the laxness of the website. But that's the website that palmOne provided at the event. I am even attaching a copy of the card they gave people. Though good luck reading, I took the picture with my Treo.

Quote Originally Posted by brain007
    racerx2k can order all the stuff he wants from that website. The site is being hosted at The Planet.... I really doubt Palm would use outside webhosting with no SSL and butchered logos to sell a product. FOAD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i called that number, it is a generic voicemail on the sprint pcs network. i also wonder about the poor quality of the logos? if this was really at the show what were they thinking? it does not have the official palm one style guide applied very well and no corporate statements on the bottoms of the pages? also, like it said ealier it is hosted on the planet's servers, the link even forwards to an ip for an address.
    let us know if this is legit, even if it is, they have created it perfectly to fit the bill of a phishing scam.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    100% - I was at the road show too, have my coupon, and it's totally real. It's what they gave out.. End of story. A question that I heard asked by another person at the show to one of the PalmOne reps was if the coupon has an expiration. The answer was no.... I don't know if that means it will be usable for future Treo's or not, but I figure I have my T600 - I'll just wait and see.
    Wow, my apologies to Racerx2k then. FOAD to Palm for having such an insecure, shiesty, wierd looking website. Still seems like someone layed down a bunch of business cards to a crappy site before you got there, kinda wierd.
    Thx to the guys who backed me up. I looked up the site on my treo while i was at the roadshow (that's also where I posted from). I guess with all the phishing going on, everyone's a little careful. I'm in information security, so I'm sure I would've thought the same. If anyone's wary, use a credit card (not a debit card) w/ one of those one-time numbers. In any case, I'm gonna order one and see what happens. If I sell this and my existing T600, I guess my T650 is paid for.
    I'm sure there are a lot of Treo users in IT or any kind of security field (I was myself until recently). That honestly looked like one of the WORST phishing sites I have ever seen, and to turn out legit??? The janitor must have come up with that site the day of the event. I'm seriously stunned that it is legit and still have some doubts.
    Which provider 600 would you select if you were getting one of these for eBay'ing(don't really need one for each hand) ?
    I still think its a scam . . . I'm going to roadshow in dallas Nov. 4 and i'll tell u then for sure if this is a scam.

treonauts.com owner went there: ask him if they gave these cards out. then u will get a straight answer.
    If anyone orders through this website, let us know how it went. Who specifically was giving out the cards at the events? PalmOne staff with shirts who were hanging out with other PalmOne staff? Thanks for the info!
    I was at the NY road show as well and I have 2 coupons (my wife and I) The coupon allows for purchase of a treo for $199. The catch is it has to be through the palm website and the email address has to be the same as the one of the person who signed up for the treo road show.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    My card was actually in the palm folder that was on everyones seat as we entered the somewhat small room.

I spoke to one of the palm reps afterwards. Although she wasn't 100% sure, she seemed to think the offer was for the 600 only and not for the 650 (despite her disavowing anny knowledge of any such device)

The offer is very real, albeit a weak site. It is probably a cross promotion, not specifically managed by palm which explains the off-site hosting.

I did get to meet Ed Colligan however and pepper him with some questions about the upcoming device.

Nothing really revealing except that a WiFi treo is "absolutely" in the works as they attempt to penetrate the enterprise market.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    I ordered last night. Not concerned whether it is a scam or not because my AMEX will cover me with no problem. Got an email confirmation with order number after placing the order. If it was a scam I don't think they'd bother with a confirmation. Email says they will contact me within 5 days to confirm shipping and that I won't be charged unil it is shipped.

From: Purchase Confirmation [mailto: purchase@viennachannels.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 7:08 PM
    To: Me
    Subject: palmOne events Purchase Confirmation

Thank you for your palmOne Mobile Solutions Roadshow purchase. Listed below for your records is a brief summary of your order number and products purchased.
    We will contact you within five business days regarding the expected shipment and delivery of your purchase. Your credit card will not be charged until your order ship date. Please refer to your order number below in all correspondence regarding this order.
    Confirmation of Purchase Number XXXX
    Order Date: October 6, 2004

Item Quantity Product
    1 1 Treo 600 AT&T Wireless

palmOne Demo Services Team
    817-308-8188

Quote Originally Posted by jinevill
    If anyone orders through this website, let us know how it went. Who specifically was giving out the cards at the events? PalmOne staff with shirts who were hanging out with other PalmOne staff? Thanks for the info!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79
    100% - I was at the road show too, have my coupon, and it's totally real. It's what they gave out.. End of story. A question that I heard asked by another person at the show to one of the PalmOne reps was if the coupon has an expiration. The answer was no.... I don't know if that means it will be usable for future Treo's or not, but I figure I have my T600 - I'll just wait and see.
    I asked the quesiton! that was me!! WOOOOT!

I had a good time at the show, I have a T300 (yeah stop laughing) which I refuse to give up unless I get bluetooth .... if this coupon works for the 650, I'll be laughing my way to the credit agency for having a maxed out credit card ....
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast