Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast
    I was there in the morning .....
    After peter talked the wifi I believe was big liar. No drivers wtf skillman can't write drivers? besides I believe it has to do with carriers who want to charge for data usage. any way I met skilllllz but didn't see any TC tages oh well
    Skillman was cool. the other guy mumbeling yuk! I bet if skillman addressed the issue it would have sounded better. Yes and I guess everyone in the am session noticed me the rabbi :-) any way cool show but nothing new . read everything here hope my coupons will work any way chow!
  3. wig
    I missed the Chicago session because of a work situation and really could use the coupon (and the validation). If one of you kind folks will be at the Washington DC session on thursday and could grab my name tag and coupon, I'd REALLY appreciate it. Please email me if you can do this. Many thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Skilllllz - we should hit Slate sometime, man.
    Are you talking about the Slate pool hall? I'd be up for a NYC game of Treocentral pool.

It was good to meet some fellow TC'ers. I met WeeBitObsessed down there who people might remember leaked some of the original 650 photos.

As people have already mentioned, there was not a lot of info that we didn't already know. But I got the impression that we aren't going to see a major Treo upgrade above and beyond the 650 for quite a while (so the 650 is all we're getting for now).
    "Are you talking about the Slate pool hall? I'd be up for a NYC game of Treocentral pool."

Sign me up...
    In the afternoon session, both Peter Skillman and Joe ______ mentioned that they have a company that they pay to monitor user forums like TC and Treonauts to cull the response to various products for their use in future development.

Looks like the ridiculous rants we spew here might matter after all
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Where can I go to find out where roadshows are so I can attend one? Are they by invite only or do you enroll online somewhere? Thanks....
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Sorry - disregard my last message. It helps if you actually can read. Found the answer.
    I liked the "failed designed" slide. That was definitely the highlight.

BTW, to whoever asked the "Why not to design a clamshell like Motorola phones".
    Have you ever tried using samsung I500? I had grafiti thing on the keypad and the touchscren in the cover. Un-commmmmmmfortable. If the keypad featured a full keyboard it'd be completely unusable. Clamshells are great as phones, but they suck somewhat as PDAs due to the angle of the screen and the instability of the the cover.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    BTW, to whoever asked the "Why not to design a clamshell like Motorola phones"...
    I think the person was actually talking about something more like the Tungsten T series design where the screen real estate could be increased on demand.

Sounds like he got frustrated and just gave up trying to explain.

I was in the AM session, left side, turquoise jacket. I asked "Why 32mb", and got a typical marketing-style response.
    I think he meant like a extention of the screen on the top of flip so when I open it I get a longer screen and go in wide screen mode. the guy who asked should been clearer.

I f I have peters number I would give him a great ideas on designs and stuff. The slide proto types rejects were cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert C. Lee
    I think the person was actually talking about something more like the Tungsten T series design where the screen real estate could be increased on demand.

Sounds like he got frustrated and just gave up trying to explain.

I was in the AM session, left side, turquoise jacket. I asked "Why 32mb", and got a typical marketing-style response.
    I was thinking of the Tungsten T design as well. But, I think he meant something like the new Nintendo Gameboy design from what he was saying.

Btw, I was sitting in the middle of the room on the right side next to the window in front of the guy with the wildish hair. I thought Skills' presentation was very interesting and he did seem very genuine. I spent the day out so I got bumped by a lot of people on viennachannels as I got a four digit order number
    The video was posted ( http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=62327 ) and I was wonderinging if anyone wanted to send me the PowerPoint on the CD to host too.
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Lets do it fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    "Are you talking about the Slate pool hall? I'd be up for a NYC game of Treocentral pool."

Sign me up...
    Dude, were you sitting on the right about 5-6 rows in? There was someone there shooting a video too.

I was there, must have been the only black guy in a black leather, blue jeans, sneakers and earings in both ears. Ha ha ha. I met skillz, and saw a couple of you guys. I didn't really introduce myself too much, just checked out the phone, and might I tell you, what a bute. Skillman was cool. I ask him a few questions, and he answer them for me. I was sitting four rows from the front leftside.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    that might do the trick for treo's. I mean dual screen means that one is the phone app and contacts on second or watching a movie in 3d lol..... But that would it much eisier to use. Also industry standrd part used in dell pc's for example make them a choise for consumer wanting to add ram or change a part. If treo had option to upgrade moduals like ram and other stuff I think more tech savy peeps will flok for skillmans product.

There are still flaws I feel the company didn't do much about..

They can write instruction on the hang up issue and other issue. I think they need to come more often in these forums .
    i was at am show, got there real early (around 8). After my bagel, sat on the right side next to the window. a view of gound zero.

have a cold, so didnt hang around after the presentation. the design part was the best. i wonder if some of the "failures" will show up as branches in the future.

i couldnt help thinking back to that day and wonder if there were ppl in the room at that time.

two pics i took with the 600.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Dude, were you sitting on the right about 5-6 rows in? There was someone there shooting a video too.
    I was on the right, 3rd row from the front, shooting video on my Sony Cybershot P100 (lowest resolution/highest compression setting).