Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920 LastLast
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Yes the router died I had to switch from my laptop to my treo
    front of me are upset on the words these palm guys use.....on 12 keypads
    Can't wait to go outside and play with the 650. I'll get the 650 camera pic and ask about music via BT.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I'm here... 7th row from the front. Right side. Long black coat. Scruffy beard. Hehe.. his 650 reset when he went and clicked the URL in Versamail.
    Anyone else notice the "GSM Update" app in his launcher?
    is that the half price coupon darn....
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Suprising that the june fabrics product needs the sync cable and doesn't work over bluetooth
    Well, this sucks. I tried to register my sister last night, there was nothing about the third session on the website, so I told her not to worry about it. Now they add a third session, but it is too late to get her there. Looks like I won't be upgrading for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoad
    Suprising that the june fabrics product needs the sync cable and doesn't work over bluetooth
    Maybe it's because Palm's Bluetooth implementation sucks.
    Got the coupon from the NYC Roadshow. Thought they would hand it out at the end.

Can someone clarify the coupon deal?

The coupon provides you -$100 off the full price of the Treo 650? or does it get you the Treo at $349

Just curious because the vienna channels site wants credit card info but there is no mention of price.
    Ask them what the ringer formats are. WAV? MP3? AAC?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Here for the 11 am session, where are all ya'll? Approx 10 rows back, right side, bald head...blue sweater...
    Can someone please ask when they expect to release the Blackberry Connect software? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I thought this would be crowded. There seem to be only a few dozen people here.
    Maybe someone could ask, for the millionth time, when they expect the Sprint and the GSM versions to really ship.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emen8
    Afternoon will probably be the more croweded one.
    Quote Originally Posted by emen8
    The AM was crowded to capacity. I suspect the midday is light because it was just offered as an option yesterday.

Overall, it was an amazing experience to hold the 650. What a device!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    Ask them what the ringer formats are. WAV? MP3? AAC?
    Only MIDI ringers will be playable. Based on my past experience with Real, I do not believe the application will allow it to be hijacked (speculation) to play MP3s. To say nothing of Ogg Vorbis and WAVs like PocketTunes (in conjunction with Call Filter, etc.) would let you do.
    NYC Roadshow, AM session
    I was in first row, I thought it was a great experience, frankly I find it amazing some of the critisisms I see on hear. My favorite was the guy in the second row on the window side who actually TOOK A CALL a few minutes into the main presentation. Ya gotta wonder what caves people were brought up in sometimes.
    ANYWAY....
    The background on the development of the unit over the past few years was fascinating. If one has to put a face behind the treo600 I think it would be Peter Skillman. Very impressive person. You can just tell how passionate he is about what they are developing and he was genuinely interested in feedback and ideas from users. If you ever wonder about why something is the way it is on the 600 or 650 I think you could be sure that Peter has an honest thoiughtful answer. I was most impressed how his answers were an attempt to get you to see how they are thinking as they develop the line. Not filled with corporate double talk to marketing BS. It seems to me we owe our love of the Treo to Peter Skillman. (I just met him today I have no relationship with the guy)
    After the main presentation half a dozen people were crowded around asking him questions and the issue of the 600's quality problems in the units was addressed. He was honest and forthcoming about the problems. While he in no way passed the buck on the responsibility, it sure sounds like PalmOne was shafted big time by some vendor in china. He is confident that the 650's have addressed the problems on a number of levels. There were several of us who had gone through 4, 5 or 6 defective units. Its more of a testiment to how good the treo is that we stick with it. It looks like the advancements with the 650 really put this thing on the top shelf. Everything that has been said about the Great keyboard, amazing screen, wonderful camera etc appear to be true. I certainly can't wait to get mine.
    So that might sound like a lot of soft stroking but I think we owe a huge thanks to these people for what they have developed. Its in a class by itself and for what it costs its worth three times the value.