Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Hey guys,

I just heard about this today, do you think there's any chance i could get in the morning session if i didn't register, or am i up a creek without a paddle? Seems like it's gonna be crowded
    Quote Originally Posted by curtiscarmack
    I've had good experiences in NJ (I live in Summit) and in NYC. I also have the $5 add-on that gives me up to 50% of my minutes roaming on Verizon (or other CDMA carriers with which Sprint has agreements -- mostly smaller, regionals). Virtually the only times I end up roaming, however, are when I'm in the train tunnel under the Hudson, where only Verizon has service.
    My friend here in Weehawken has Sprint, and she has no reception unless she roams. Doesn't Sprint ream you if you go over the 50% roaming time? And I think you can't get data roaming, so you may be limited with many of the Treo functions
    Quote Originally Posted by horsmanp
    Dear palmOne Road Show Attendee,

Thank you for registering to attend the palmOne Mobile Solutions Road Show in New York, NY. The response to this event has been much greater than expected! To accommodate the many attendees, we have revised the schedule to include a 3rd session that will run between the originally scheduled morning and afternoon sessions. Each session will include both management & technical information, so you only need to attend one session to get the necessary information and learn how to sign up for the Treo pilot program and qualify for a discount on a Treo smartphone.
    I take this to mean that we still get a coupon.

Quote Originally Posted by horsmanp
    The revised schedule is listed below. Seating is limited and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. On-site registrations will occur only if space if available. Those who pre-registered to attend either the morning or afternoon session are requested to attend any available session.
    This makes me wonder....Did they allow TOO many people to register? Obviously they did, but do you think that people who actually registered will be bumped by those who registered late?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    My friend here in Weehawken has Sprint, and she has no reception unless she roams. Doesn't Sprint ream you if you go over the 50% roaming time? And I think you can't get data roaming, so you may be limited with many of the Treo functions
    My only experience in Weehawken is driving through (to and from the Lincoln Tunnel), and I've never roamed -- just stayed on Sprint (typically 2 bars). You are definitely right that you will not get data access while roaming. As to the expense when you go over 50%, I'm not sure. I've never even gone over 5%, much less 50%, but I've heard from people that have gone over that Sprint doesn't charge you but rather will take away the roaming plan if it happens more than once. I have no idea how correct this is, though, as Sprint does not seem to be very consistent in its application of policies.
    Shut Out!!

Just tried to reg. for tomorrow and it's full! Damn!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I registered for the afternoon session. However, I think I'll be there at 8 am tomorrow morning (with trusty D&D coffee in hand) to make sure I don't get bumped, etc. (although I don't think they would do that).
    Sometimes Life throws you a really nice fast ball. I'll be rolling out of bed a few minutes before the start of the AM session and meandering down the street to the show at the Millenium. Maybe I should come in my PJ's for effect :-)
    I'll have my TC on my badge.
    Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    to make sure I don't get bumped, etc. (although I don't think they would do that).
    I'm really going to be mad if they try to bump me. I'm coming in for the afternoon session from NJ.

Hey, what's the quickest way to get there from the Port Authority?
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Walk a few blocks to the Times Sq subway station. Take the down 2/3 express (red line) train to Park Place.

Or if you're not subway saavy, take a cab... the trip will run you about $15-$20 with tip.
    Easier by NJ Transit train to Newark if you can swing it. Get off in Newark and take the path directly the the WTC station. It's right across the street.
    I'm really going to be mad if they try to bump me. I'm coming in for the afternoon session from NJ.

So how many of you folks are coming? I know we took a poll a while back - but you know how things sometimes change last minute.

I'm in for the morning! Yay!! (Chappelle style)
    Quote Originally Posted by jvanyc
    Sometimes Life throws you a really nice fast ball. I'll be rolling out of bed a few minutes before the start of the AM session and meandering down the street to the show at the Millenium. Maybe I should come in my PJ's for effect :-)
    I'll have my TC on my badge.
    Jack
    *******!

I'm commuting from Bkln. Not that the place isn't 2 blocks from where I work, but I normally show up for work around 10:30, so 8 AM is torture for me
    I used to live in Bensonhurt and it was killer to travel to the city, esp. that early in the morning!
    Wow! What a response. I'll be there in the morning to (hopefully) get in ahead of what is sure to be an impatient crowd. See you all there...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Wow! What a response. I'll be there in the morning to (hopefully) get in ahead of what is sure to be an impatient crowd. See you all there...

didnt u already attend the pc expo one?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    No food but it's now 1hr shorter then originally scheduled.
    Is there anywhere good to eat down there? In case I manage to get in to NYC early but not get into the 2nd session.
    Felipe,

Yes I did attend TechXNY. But I will be there tomorrow to play with the 650s on hand.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Do you think it's smarter to go earlier or risk coming to the 3rd session and having it possibly be full? Would they do that to people who registered?
    what is the closest subway stop to the hotel again?