Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
       #1  
    I called my corporate Sprint rep today to bug him about the Treo 650. I wanted him to bring it in to see it.

    He started immediately talking about some guy that got to play with one the other day and how he took pictures and posted them "all over the net". Right away I knew exactly what he was talking about.

    Well thanks to cahsdad, Sprint seems to be rethinking how they will preview products to their customers.

    One question, did you ever hear of a NDA? Maybe you never signed one but I'm guessing your company did????

    Anyhow, thanks to the pictures I won't have one in my hand anytime soon.
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  2. #2  
    Come on, give the guy a break!!!
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    I called my corporate Sprint rep today to bug him about the Treo 650. I wanted him to bring it in to see it.

    He started immediately talking about some guy that got to play with one the other day and how he took pictures and posted them "all over the net". Right away I knew exactly what he was talking about.

    Well thanks to cahsdad, Sprint seems to be rethinking how they will preview products to their customers.

    One question, did you ever hear of a NDA? Maybe you never signed one but I'm guessing your company did????

    Anyhow, thanks to the pictures I won't have one in my hand anytime soon.
    Get over it.... How many people are extremely happy he did that?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    I called my corporate Sprint rep today to bug him about the Treo 650. I wanted him to bring it in to see it.

    He started immediately talking about some guy that got to play with one the other day and how he took pictures and posted them "all over the net". Right away I knew exactly what he was talking about.

    Well thanks to cahsdad, Sprint seems to be rethinking how they will preview products to their customers.

    One question, did you ever hear of a NDA? Maybe you never signed one but I'm guessing your company did????

    Anyhow, thanks to the pictures I won't have one in my hand anytime soon.
    Patience my friend. It will come out soon, and we'll all have it in our hands soon. I understand your feelings, but you've got to give the guy a break. Didn't you appreciate the pictures that were posted? I'm sure you were waiting for pictures to come out for you to see. Even if you didn't, more than 2,000 people were happy that cahsdad posted the pictures.

    Look, we don't even know if he signed a NDA. If he did, do you think he would have posted the pictures?

    Well I quote a famous European when I say the "end justifies the means". .
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
  5. #5  
    OH BROTHER! Thank you cahsdad!!! You kick A** I would rather cahsdad do what he did and let everyone enjoy it, compared to someone like Kash76 get one and due to his UPSTANDING ethics not share any info. with the rest of us!!!!!!!!!!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    One question, did you ever hear of a NDA? Maybe you never signed one but I'm guessing your company did????
    Don't impugn someone's integrity without any basis in your tantrum over not getting to play with the toy. You have no idea if he -- or his company -- signed an NDA.
  7. #7  
    I wish he hadn't posted the pictures 'cos it's just made me more impatient...

    Just kidding. I couldn't be any more impatient than I was already.
  8. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    OH BROTHER! Thank you cahsdad!!! You kick A** I would rather cahsdad do what he did and let everyone enjoy it, compared to someone like Kash76 get one and due to his UPSTANDING ethics not share any info. with the rest of us!!!!!!!!!!

    The post was more of a selfish one in that I won't get to play with one as soon as I thought

    Not an attack on cahsdad just that he delayed MY opportunity!
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  9. #9  
    wow. Selfish much, Kash? So because HE got to play with one early and YOU didn't, you're upset? We were LUCKY he posted and got to let us see pictures of it, talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth...

    I wholeheartedly thank Cahsdad for sharing with the community. I'd rather have ONE person (Cahsdad) get to play with one early and share the pictures with the entire community, than ONE person (Kash76) play with one early and not share.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    The post was more of a selfish one in that I won't get to play with one as soon as I thought

    Not an attack on cahsdad just that he delayed MY opportunity!
    Why on earth would it be delayed because of the pictures being out on the net?
  11. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Why on earth would it be delayed because of the pictures being out on the net?
    I never suggested that it would be delayed. Our corporate rep was showing me the new Blackberry the other day and was planning on bringing in the 650 and the new PPC Daxian for me to play with before the release. Now they don't know how tight things are going to get because this happened.
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  12. OwnUtah's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #12  
    Thanks for the Pictures! Sprint should have paid you for your promotion of the product! Think big picture. :-) You did Sprint and PalmOne a valuable marketing service.
    Robert Bolar REALTORŪ for Utah Homes
    Coldwell Banker
    "Selling Utah One Home At A Time" SellUtah.com or OwnUtah.com
    Cell: 801-920-4620
    Office: 801-920-2440
    Res: 801-737-3664
    Fax: 801-475-8115
  13. #13  
    I have to agree with Kash here. Cahsdad did nothing productive in his post, just showing us pictures of a device which we have already seen very good pictures of. If he had, however, given us some specs then I would be praising him along with the rest of TC.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    I never suggested that it would be delayed. Our corporate rep was showing me the new Blackberry the other day and was planning on bringing in the 650 and the new PPC Daxian for me to play with before the release. Now they don't know how tight things are going to get because this happened.
    Still doesn't explain how the pictures being posted would change anything Sprint does... you said they would re-think how the preview products to customers? And how you won't get one anytime soon because of the pictures being posted? That makes no sense to me at all. You want some cheese with that whine?
  15. #15  
    C-dad specifically said there were certain things he couldn't talk about regarding the "phone who would not be named." So he has some integrity. Posting those pictures (when other pictures have already been released) only makes us drooling idiots want it more. I agree, what could Sprint/Palm One have against that?
  16. Iceman6's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    #16  
    They (Sprint/Palm) are just creating more buzz. There is an art to creating a buzz before a product is released, and they are practicing it.

    Or maybe I am giving P1 too much credit and they are actually idiots who think those pictures are a bad thing.
  17. #17  
    Sheesh........

    Why anyone would post anything helpful on here is beyond me.

    All they get for their efforts are attacks on their credibility, crticisms of their photographic technique, and a self serving beating for posting it.

    So Kash, if C-Dad hadn't posted the pictures, would you have been so eager to get one?
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
  18. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
       #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Still doesn't explain how the pictures being posted would change anything Sprint does... you said they would re-think how the preview products to customers? And how you won't get one anytime soon because of the pictures being posted? That makes no sense to me at all. You want some cheese with that whine?
    Our rep just said that they have to be more careful so this doesn't happen again.
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  19. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
       #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonFan
    Sheesh........

    Why anyone would post anything helpful on here is beyond me.

    All they get for their efforts are attacks on their credibility, crticisms of their photographic technique, and a self serving beating for posting it.

    So Kash, if C-Dad hadn't posted the pictures, would you have been so eager to get one?
    I've been bugging my rep for many weeks. I already had wanted one long before cahsdad's post, just like many others on here that have already seen the non-Sprint product.
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  20. #20  
    Yes what was sprint thinking. I mean here we are talking about sprint and the new treo. I bet they hate all the hype and mentioning of their company and how its gonna have the new treo out. I bet it ruins all their plans of putting the new treo out as a secret so no one knows about it and no one buys it. Thanks guys!!!!
    Great place to get your cd's converted into 4.1 dts audio.
    http://www.4dot1.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions