1.    #1  
    I know this is probably a repost and it probably happens to someone else as well... But I cant find anything on it in the search.

When I go to text message someone and look in my contacts to add them and select them and click 'okay' it crashes.
    When I'm goin' to send a picture it also crashes, why?

Any help?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Maybe you have corrupt data in your "contacts" data. I would suggest you set your hotsync preference to "desktop overwrites handheld on next sync only", sync again, and see if that solves your problem.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  3.    #3  
    No it still did crashed.
    I have since hotsynced with synchronization on both ways before I did what you said... So wouldn't that make the data on the pc address book just as corrupted?

Also, this happens with EVERY contact, not just one.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Maybe the table that index into the data is corrupt, not the data itself... it's hard to tell. At some point, you could think about a hard-reset (erase all the data, get back to the original state) then re-sync. Make sure you backup everything though. The hard reset will remove all your data and installed programs from the Treo...
  5.    #5  
    Okay, say I do a hard reset right after I synced... And then I sync after the hard reset to get everything back on my Treo. Applications (and settings) will not be restored back onto the Treo would they?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    They are supposed to be restored. Many times, however, the restore is incomplete.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  7.    #7  
    I restored it, hard reset, whatever and still same problem.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
  8.    #8  
    alright this time i made it throw the error using ##377 and here's what it said...

'A reset was caused on 10/18/4 at 10:30am while running "contacts":
    MemoryMgr.c
    Line:3760, in valide chunk
    ptr

So, what does that mean, and what do I have to do?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Unforgiven, just so you dont think you're crazy -- I had this problem (and there were/are many others) and never found a solution. I exchanged the phone with Sprint 6 times and was able to reproduce it every time on each new/refurb phone - without even leaving the store. Fresh out of the box. Sprint couldn't help and palm wouldn't.

It seems to have to do with how many email addresses you have saved in your contact list. Starts erroring at around a dozen..

Try doing a search for "contacts reset" you'll find some messages.. (the tens and tens of messages I wrote about it in March/April were lost in the TC message board crash) but there are others.
  10.    #10  
    So if I remove someof the email addys?

...Because I'm right at around a dozen or so *shrugs*
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
  11.    #11  
    Excellent! Worked out great! ...Now I dont have email addresses (which I use seldomly) but I have SMS (which I use frequently)
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    yeah, kinda killed the purpose of it for me (having lots of email addresses in my contact list), but if you can live without them, enjoy! Glad that helped.