Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got off the phone with Spint who said that the 650 will not be released until Dec now..................
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    Just got off the phone with Spint who said that the 650 will not be released until Dec now..................
    I just read that at Hofo's as well. Someone there reported that Sprint's Intranet info changed on the release date for the Treo to December. Makes me wonder if there have been some issues that have come up in testing.
    my date guess in that thread of jan 2005 is looking better and better
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    It's deja vu all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Are you REALLY surprised!?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Indeed I am. December is pretty bad time to launch a product. Note that the Treo 600 was launched in fairly good timing with the holiday season.
    I hope that it is just Sprint that has pushed back the release date of the 650 on their network and the other networks still release it soon. I doubt it though. I'll probably have to wait for ever for T-Mobile to release it like they did with the 600. (sigh)
    Give 'em a break. It takes a long time to add, well, a nicer screen.... And Bluetooth. Don't forget Bluetooth! This Treo isn't an evolution, it is a revolution! Revolutions take time (around 14 months.)
    Maybe they're looking for a way to glue another of those excess 32mb chips onto the existing one.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I just called my sprint rep (just a regular retail store guy) and he immediately said they were supposed to get the 650 before the end of October but the official release date has not been set yet.

So is he just uninformed about the December release or is there the potential that the 650 could be hanging on my halloween costume this year??? Hmm halloween, I think I will dress up as a big blue tooth.

-Gadgetpro
    This makes me deeply sad as I have been waiting to switch to a Treo for a while now
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Maybe they listened to all the whining, and have decided to add wifi after all!
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetpro
    I just called my sprint rep (just a regular retail store guy) and he immediately said they were supposed to get the 650 before the end of October but the official release date has not been set yet.

So is he just uninformed about the December release or is there the potential that the 650 could be hanging on my halloween costume this year??? Hmm halloween, I think I will dress up as a big blue tooth.

-Gadgetpro
    It appears the date was very recently changed, so if he didn't check while speaking with you, he may not know that. It also depends on whether you live in an affiliate market. They don't have access to the same Intranet info that Sprint does, at least not until it gets sifted down to 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Druce MacFarlane
    Give 'em a break. It takes a long time to add, well, a nicer screen.... And Bluetooth. Don't forget Bluetooth! This Treo isn't an evolution, it is a revolution! Revolutions take time (around 14 months.)
    Nice sarcasim, but it also takes time to integrate two companies together and get them to work off of a common software base.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Not at all, I've seen it all before (all of us who have been in this game long enough have). My deja vu comment was rerferring to the surprise that the posters seemed to exhibit (the same happened with the 600). I was similarly not surprised at all to see the pictures yesterday. I had seen ample evidence that the release of this device is eminent.

I've also been around long enough to know that you can't pin-point such releases to more than within a couple of months. Other companies have pushed phone releases more than a year. A couple of months is nothing.

Not quite sure why anyone with a 600 would be more than mildly disappointed by a 1-2 month delay. Although i'll grab a 650 as soon as I can, the 600 does everything I need from it very well. Unless BT or the higher res are absolutely crucial to someone's day-to-day activities, a couple of months with the 600 in hand can't be too bad.
    Last edited by silverado; 09/30/2004 at 04:02 PM.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetpro

-Gadgetpro

Have him dig a little deeper, if he can. When I talked to the rep I was just waiting for her to say something like "October 12th!" But she said December! I asked her if that was "old" information. She said, "No, our system is updated everyday!"

!@#$%^
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    It's a waiting game. 90-percent of the game is half-mental.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Sprint may be doing what Verizon did. Business customers will have priority over retail customers. This December date could be for retail customers only, and the business customers get them in November or October. Just a guess....
    Yeah, or the "TREO 650" was never planned for this year in the first place...
    why dont y'all at least wait till monday when palmone has their conference? they'll probably give out an official annoucement then. y'all are like kids.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast