1.    #1  
    Just got a spare 2 mins at work and found this!

http://www.phones2udirect.co.uk/Prod...g_Treo_650.asp

Orange UK dude I spoke to yesterday couldn't see the 650 in "pending handsets" on their intranet (I used to work there, so I know this information is accurate & for internal use only) so still guessing when/if we will see it. As the 600 is now free on pay monthly I am suspecting 2005.
    oBoy!

[Treo 600 #4, working without error since July 2004]
    Noooooooooo!!!!!

I can't wait to 2005. Surely it will be out in the UK before then??
    I think it will be out earlier as orange were only 2 - 3 weeks behind the US launch last time.

But how much will it be......that is the question...and who will buy my old one.....cuase orange will only probably give ya 20 quid for the old one!!!

Any offers geezers...
    well spotted orangeboy...orange were amongst the first last october to have the treo 600 out but it was available through online independant distributors before it was sold on the orange website or in their shops.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I'm a little surprised by Orange's ad. The specs aren't very accurate for an advetisement for a product they plan to sell - considering the availability of information about the 650. First, there really isn't a "Handspring" anymore. It's now PalmOne, and has been for months now. The camera is 1.3mp, not 1 as stated in the ad. They suggest that there is a change to 32mb of storage when that was the standard with the 600, as well. I'd also like to add that the new Treo kept the blue number buttons, unlike the one in the photograph. I just wanted to pass along this info in case any of it was misleading...
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    I believe P1 is still using the Handspring name in Europe. I'm not saying the ad is legit -- too many errors.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I just hope that when Orange release the 650 it doesn't cost over 100 on a 25 month contract!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I just hope that when Orange release the 650 it doesn't cost over 100 on a 25 month contract!
    I got an unlocked GSM version imported from the US. It saved a lot of money compared to 100+ pounds plus 25 ounds per month...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Stig,

How much did it cost you and where did you get it from my I ask?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Stig,

How much did it cost you and where did you get it from my I ask?
    I got a friend of mine in the US to buy an unlocked Treo 600 from PalmOne during the $399 upgrade offer. I got a load of accessories too, and with the shipping, it cost me around $525 rather than the 525 pounds it would cost in the UK! I had to pay around 50 pounds import duty, but it still worked out cheaper.

I'm hoping if there is some kind of upgrade deal on the 650 to do the same thing again.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    I got a friend of mine in the US to buy an unlocked Treo 600 from PalmOne during the $399 upgrade offer. I got a load of accessories too, and with the shipping, it cost me around $525 rather than the 525 pounds it would cost in the UK! I had to pay around 50 pounds import duty, but it still worked out cheaper.

I'm hoping if there is some kind of upgrade deal on the 650 to do the same thing again.
    Hmm, interersting, have to bear that in mind when my contract runs out in December.....

Hicks, I'm sure you posted in another thread about how much you spend on the orange contract...I read on another website, I'm sure the link was from Palmaddicts..that the treo 600 gives Orange the highest revenue per user on data plans
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    Hicks, I'm sure you posted in another thread about how much you spend on the orange contract...
    Not sure what you mean on this one chap. But, I can well believe that the Treo is a good earner for Orange.