Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Causerie - No problem. And thanks for cancelling my beta! And that of jaytee!

Marc
    I just PM'ed you. The beta might have timed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk
    Does Causerie support always-on? or SMS support?

Here's an idea. Always drives me nuts with Verichat. My friends send me friggin' long messages and they get chopped up into 20 sms snippets. Geesh. Makes my blood boil just thinking about it.

Anyway, here's my idea: Get a single SMS that says you have IM messages waiting. Click on the sms message and enter the application and retried all backlogged messages. In other words, even if data connection is not on, let the messages build up on the server, but stop the SMS notifications after the first one (or first from a particular person, your choice).

I'd pay 2x or more the price if you could do that.
    VeriChat 2.x already does this-- no?
    Happy to report that Causerie has responded and re-established the betas that Marc and I were trying out. Thanks

Causerie is making progress and seems quite responsive to feedback. I still have some difficulties with the app. It would be nice to solve the problem of very limited length of individual responses in the quick chat popups. It would also be nice if there was a quick and easy way to transfer from the popup window to the main application.

While the pricing seems a bit high for a palm app, I also suspect that being an official client of the big IM servers is more expensive than we know.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    If someone buys the 2-3 year plan, does that include all upgrades to newer version free?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    Happy to report that Causerie has responded and re-established the betas that Marc and I were trying out. Thanks

Causerie is making progress and seems quite responsive to feedback. I still have some difficulties with the app. It would be nice to solve the problem of very limited length of individual responses in the quick chat popups. It would also be nice if there was a quick and easy way to transfer from the popup window to the main application.

While the pricing seems a bit high for a palm app, I also suspect that being an official client of the big IM servers is more expensive than we know.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
    I am glad that you are all set Jaytee and Marc.

Regarding the popups, chat limit and going to main application directly are being taken care in the our 1.5 version. We have added SMS option too in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mict
    If someone buys the 2-3 year plan, does that include all upgrades to newer version free?
    It is a service based approach which means free upgrades
    I have seen a lot of discussions about the price causerie guys are asking for their product and i feel it is pretty justified for them to ask for 24.99 for the standard and 34.99 for enhanced version. Comparing the price of causerie standard and verichat (both of them charge 25 bucks), causerie provides many additional features and a wonderful user interface than verichat. In addition to this, verichat has a renewal fee of 20$ per year but i can get causerie 2 year edition for $39.99 and a 3 year edition for $49.99, which i think is much lower than what verichat charges ($44.99 for 2 yrs and $64.99 for 3 years). so, i dont see why this "costly" factor is bothering many of us.

Looking at the entire equation, i find a value proposition in causerie and i am very impressed with the way they have shaped up the product. I think they deserve the price they are asking which is again pretty competitive with verichat.

having said all this, my verichat subscription is ending soon and i am surely going to get a 3 year causerie subscription.
    I'm seeing some very very long message receive times (if ever)...long enough that I give up, thinking the other person isn't responding. Sent an IM today, no response. Waited like 10-15 minutes on the chat screen in Causerie.

When I got home, his response was on my desktop client (had both Causerie and Trillian logged in). It never did show up on my Treo.

I've seen this several times.

Also (less important, but annoying), it sometimes takes a couple of seconds from when I type an IM until it shows in the message list above the typing window. Seems like this should be pretty much instant.
    What version are you using? It seems the lag problems were worse in earlier versions of Causerie. (1.0 is the latest version.)

I have my installation set to a /Prefs/Misc../Poll Every: 10 sec

This seems to provide pretty reasonable response times.
    I'm on 1.0. Polling is set on smart mode-fast.

In this particular case, I logged on specifically to send an IM, so I had
    only been logged on less than a minute before sending my outgoing message.
    Ohhh... now I see. I agree that you should have immeadiately seen a response. I also have suspected this has happened with Causerie, but never really had any proof.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12