1.    #1  
    Anyone using a passive repeater antenna setup in their home/office?

I have good signal on the roof but poor signal in the house.
    A powered repeater setup is quite expensive.

Has anyone tried using a magnetic mount passive repeater to bring the signal inside?
    I am looking for antenna model info to try it out at my house before shelling out $600. for a powered repeater.
    There are none ! Most run about 350 to 550 & up. Sprint test marketed a unit made by a CA. company. Very rare, increase signal from un-usable to usable level in a small area. They are for SprintPCS service only. And last I saw they may not offer them for sale.

Sometimes they are on auction on ebay.com. Yes, I do have one on auction. Had a cheap nokia in fringe area, bought it off of ebay.com and paid a whole lot more than I am asking. Paid (alot) for an 8200 cause nokia was a piece of junk in my opinion. Don't need the repeater anymore as reception is better.
  3.    #3  
    I was talking about a passive repeater which is basically just two interconneted antennas to pull the signal into an area it normally does not reach.
    I am aware of the more expensive repeater systems. They do the same thing in a much more sophisticated way. Rather than just allowing the signal to leak into an area, they actively rebroadcast it. I have read good things about those but yes, they are expensive.

The problem with most active repeaters (other than expense) is that they are primarily single band so you have to identify the frequency your service uses and get a repeater appropriate for your use. I have only found one repeater that is dual band and wireless and that is the PowerMax. It is an amplifier/repeater so it should actually increase signal as well as rebroadcast it where you need it.
    Actually I think CellAntenna makes a dual band repeater but it is VERY expensive running around $2,500. Their single band repeater the CAE50 is much less expensive but again, only supports a single band.
    My AT&T service is using 850 and 1900 so I need the dual band.

My hope was that a passive repeater that just allowed signal to leak into my home would give me the little bit of boost I needed without having to spend the money on an active system.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy2
    There are none ! Most run about 350 to 550 & up. Sprint test marketed a unit made by a CA. company. Very rare, increase signal from un-usable to usable level in a small area. They are for SprintPCS service only. And last I saw they may not offer them for sale.

Sometimes they are on auction on ebay.com. Yes, I do have one on auction. Had a cheap nokia in fringe area, bought it off of ebay.com and paid a whole lot more than I am asking. Paid (alot) for an 8200 cause nokia was a piece of junk in my opinion. Don't need the repeater anymore as reception is better.