1.    #1  
    Hello,

I'm new to the forum and I was thinking about getting a new Treo. Of course I will wait until the 650 comes out because I love the have the latest and greatest of my gadgets. I have a question, the keyboard for the 600's I've viewed in the store seem to be a little difficult to depress the buttons. I wanted to know if any users have experienced any difficulty using the keyboard.

Does the "hard" plastic keys make it difficult? Does anyone know if the 650 will have rubberized keys (if it's ever been a problem). It just appears to be difficult to enter text but I'm speaking as a non-user.

Any help would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by overcast10
    Hello,

I'm new to the forum and I was thinking about getting a new Treo. Of course I will wait until the 650 comes out because I love the have the latest and greatest of my gadgets. I have a question, the keyboard for the 600's I've viewed in the store seem to be a little difficult to depress the buttons. I wanted to know if any users have experienced any difficulty using the keyboard.

Does the "hard" plastic keys make it difficult? Does anyone know if the 650 will have rubberized keys (if it's ever been a problem). It just appears to be difficult to enter text but I'm speaking as a non-user.

Any help would be great!
    Hmmmm,
    if you love to have the latest and greatest gadgets, how come you haven't got a Treo 600 already?

The keyboard might seem hard to type on at first, but when you learn that you can press the keys with the "base" of your fingers and don't mind that you seemingly might press the nearby keys as well (the Treo has a built in system that senses which key you presses the most), you'll be amazed on how fast and relaxed you can type.

One of the national radio stations here in Norway had an SMS contest where the DJ gave the listeners a long, complex word and a phone number, and I won by several seconds ahead of 500 others...

(the word was "rabarbraplantasje", which means rhubarb plantation )

/Christopher
    How long before suskind posts saying that all thumbboards are rubbish?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    How long before suskind posts saying that all thumbboards are rubbish?
    Nah - just things that folks go "Ewwww..." to on first seeing one (*). Essentially ya have to love the thing already otherwise you'll pass it by in the store.

====

(*) As the post that started this thread perfectly demonstrated...
    Or you'd have to have heard of something called the Blackberry, in which case, you'd probably be curious as to what the buzz is all about and give it a try.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by grenness
    Hmmmm,
    if you love to have the latest and greatest gadgets, how come you haven't got a Treo 600 already?

The keyboard might seem hard to type on at first, but when you learn that you can press the keys with the "base" of your fingers and don't mind that you seemingly might press the nearby keys as well (the Treo has a built in system that senses which key you presses the most), you'll be amazed on how fast and relaxed you can type.

One of the national radio stations here in Norway had an SMS contest where the DJ gave the listeners a long, complex word and a phone number, and I won by several seconds ahead of 500 others...

(the word was "rabarbraplantasje", which means rhubarb plantation )

/Christopher
    I have a Tungsten E and I never wanted to have an all in one device because I LOVED my phone. However, between my phone, Tungsten E, and iPod, I'm running out of pockets and/or hip space. So it's time to upgrade.