Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by batoje
    If bluetooth GPS is a no go, I will keep the 600 till they decide to make it work. Arrrrggh! This was the main thing I was hoping for in the 650!
    And now everyone knows how I feel about wi-fi.
    Quote Originally Posted by temfate
    He was exactly correct. Since the bluetooth gps requires the serial profile, it would allow a backdoor to the data transfer. Crippling
    Gotcha. "Duh" moment.
    Does anyone have any info about palmone offering a "loyal customer discount" like they did for Treo 180/300 users? Id like to upgrade to the 650 but in order for that to be financailly feasible for me i'd need that potential discount for returning customers. I could Ebay my 600 and get ~$300-350 or so (I hope), but then i'd potentially have to come up with a few hundred dollars to make up the difference. Anyone have any info?
    Treo650 024.jpg (329.8 KB, 1057 views)

Anyone know what the T.V. icon is for on pic24???
    mobi t.v.
    I was wondering too about that TV icon, and the treo road show is almost just like the parties they had by invite only when the treo was launched, If I were a betting man...
    Jim
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    If you download the Treo 600 Simulator Debug Edition (well I know with the original version I downloaded at least) there will also be a TV app. The TV application has nothing to do with television, but instead is a special app to debug things. I don't know the purpose or what it stands for, but I've seen it before.
    If Sprint does not allow BT-modem use, then they can go screw themselves as far as I am concerned. That is 90% of why I was looking to upgrade.
    bummer
    Here is a post from someone who got to play with a Treo 650:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=35641

If I am reading it correctly, he's saying Bluetooth on the one he got to use was not crippled.
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    I think this particular bit of Bluetooth crippling would not be so much an effort to protect revenue streams, but to protect bandwidth. It creates a "hurdle" in using your phone as a modem to get online. Weak decision if you ask me, given that you can still get online with a cable. Seems to me it can't be worth the disadvantage of losing other Bluetooth capabilities. The more capabilities, the more interested buyers with monthly revenue potential....
    Getting online using the BT phone as a modem was already possible with low-end phones like the T68i. I was doing it with T-mobile, and I assume it can be done with Cingular as well. I don't understand what poor excuse they have to disallow it with the Treo 650. I just don't see a good reason.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    Looks like someone needs to training on their digital camera! Thanks for the pics!

Joe
    You aren't kidding.

Word of advice if anyone else has this opportunity.. that camera you used (Canon Powershot A200) has a Macro mode.. .. Macro mode will let you get close and it will focus. For this camera, the closest is 2inches. Any closer and it wont focus.

Anyway, cahsdad , thanks for the pics! I want one now! :-)
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I'm also intrigued by the RealPlayer app I saw on the 650.
    Huh? I've got RealPlayer on my Treo 600. It's available now, and its free.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lactoso
    Looks like someone needs to training on correct grammar...
    needs to training? Yes, someone needs training- YOU Oh, the irony...
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Finally, a treo that I can be happy with. The lack of a high resolution screen has been the deal-killer for me. Better screen, PLUS bluetooth and removable battery? I'll be laying down the cash for a GSM/GPRS model ASAP.
    Sweeeet! Thanks for the pics and info, cahsdad!! A few more questions:

* Did you take some pics with the camera yet? If so, can you post some samples?
    * Can we see some shots of videos and pictures on the new hi-res screen?
    * Does the “Camcorder” app save the video files straight to the SD card as mpeg or avi? How’s the video quality/frame rate?
    * Are the MIDI ringtones louder? Is the vibrate stronger?
    * Does the speakerphone sound any better?
    * Does the Treo 650 come with some kind of "Today" screen?
    this may have been asked before, but how much faster does the browser render pages?

is it much more responsive when switching bwtn applications on the t650 vs the t600?.

is the screen as bright as the t600?

the 20mb ram is disturbing. probably taken up by the onboard bluetooth capability
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    hey cahsdad, did the battery door have a really solid feel when attached? any wiggle? many thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    this may have been asked before, but how much faster does the browser render pages?

is it much more responsive when switching bwtn applications on the t650 vs the t600?.

is the screen as bright as the t600?

the 20mb ram is disturbing. probably taken up by the onboard bluetooth capability
    Hopefully it's taken up by all the debugging/developer utilities that appear in the screen shots. SURELy they wouldn't increase the memory footprint without increasing RAM (PLEASE LISTEN PALM - 64MB MINIMUM).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Hopefully it's taken up by all the debugging/developer utilities that appear in the screen shots. SURELy they wouldn't increase the memory footprint without increasing RAM (PLEASE LISTEN PALM - 64MB MINIMUM).
    If the TV icon is MobiTV, then it surely has J2ME installed which is pretty sizable.
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast