Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 339
  1. #141  
    About the capaxity of the battery....

    The Battery itself says 3.7V = 1900mAH
    Im inclined to believe whats printed on the battery myself.

    As for the screenshot...its a software estimation...how many of you have laptops that report how much time is left exactly???


    It is also possible that Palm will have a battery in the same format with a higher capacity (and also a bit heavier).
  2. #142  
    I am suprised by Tom Tom's response since Palm had it listed on their site for a while as a compatible device.

    Perhaps he thought you were talking about the Treo 600??? I HOPE he was. I will be choked if I have a Bluetooth Palm device and it doesn't work with their GPS offering.
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    Perhaps he thought you were talking about the Treo 600??? I HOPE he was. I will be choked if I have a Bluetooth Palm device and it doesn't work with their GPS offering.
    You mean in the same way, I can have a PalmOne WiFi card and it doesn't work in a PalmOne SDIO slot?
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    I am suprised by Tom Tom's response since Palm had it listed on their site for a while as a compatible device.

    Perhaps he thought you were talking about the Treo 600??? I HOPE he was. I will be choked if I have a Bluetooth Palm device and it doesn't work with their GPS offering.

    Infact it was that link that prompted me to e-mail TomTom through their CS link as a registered owner. I was doing it trying to dig some more info. out about the Treo - who knows, maybe they are jsut keepng quiet like everyone else!!! It was a pretty short response they sent me!!!
  5. #145  
    Well I'm disappointed because that stylus looks like it might be a bear in which to install a pen, and I really depend upon that. I look on my T600 basically as my pen holder, and this is a bit unnerving.
  6. #146  
    With the high res screen...using programs like diddlebug and sketcher is MUCH more usable. I don't really use them now because the resolution is so crappy I can hardly read my own writing. Back when I had a Tungsten, I used those apps all the time and never picked up paper to jot notes. A treo is one expensive pen holder!
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    Well I'm disappointed because that stylus looks like it might be a bear in which to install a pen, and I really depend upon that. I look on my T600 basically as my pen holder, and this is a bit unnerving.
    you're kidding right. w\ all the new bells and whistles you're disappointed because the stylus may not hold a regular pen...sheesh...there's no pleasing some people
  8. #148  
    @ cahsdad

    what is the resolution of the camera?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  9. #149  
    You mean in the same way, I can have a PalmOne WiFi card and it doesn't work in a PalmOne SDIO slot?
    I hear your point but I don't quite consider the two equal. Bluetooth is an open communications protocol. Therefore it should operate with other Bluetooth devices. If the Treo 650 HAD WiFi and it didn't work with Linksys or D-Link WiFi routers...then I think that would be an argument that is closer to mine.

    The WiFi issue is much broader than that. It relates back to power consumption and I am quite sure, concern with the carriers. Still hoping that WiFi card will work in the 650 though. Although it's not as big a feature for me personally.
  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    Well I'm disappointed because that stylus looks like it might be a bear in which to install a pen, and I really depend upon that. I look on my T600 basically as my pen holder, and this is a bit unnerving.

    Im sure plam or a 3rd party will supply you with a hybrid for some extra $$$
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by pixhershko
    thanks a bunch felipe... are you going?
    I tried to registair but then they wanted 395$ for that...
    no way I am dropping four bills on that show.
    i'll be in the afternoon session, didnt want them to throw me out of the CEO one.

    as for the expo, the show floor is free. just scroll down the list of events, there is an option to enter for free.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  12. #152  
    A bluetooth GPS is dependent on the bluetooth serial profile. This profile is the same one that will allow dial-up networking or other connections without a cable. Unless the palm side is not linked to the phone side, and unless his review is WRONG and they do intend to support bluetooth data transfer, then NO it will NOT work with a bluetooth GPS... Pretty lame. But I'm hoping that was entirely an error and that they do plan to support it.

    Their were rumors with the t608 that they would cripple it's bluetooth, yet they didn't...
  13. #153  
    I have been highly anticipating the Treo 650 and always planned on getting one as soon as Verizon released it. One of the functions I ws most excited about was the ability to use mapopolis or tomtom with a bluetooth GPS receiver. Without this functionality, I doubt I will buy the Treo 650.

    I understand that Verizon and other carriers want to keep their revenue streams related to Get It Now and photo transfers, but how does preventing me from using the Treo 650 with a bluetooth GPS receiver increase Verizon's revenue. If anything, it will hurt their profits since I just won't buy the device and stick with my old cell phone.

    I understand that one bluetooth profile is used to transfer all data, including GPS data streams, but I wish there was a way Verizon could allow certain data transfer, specifically the types that don't provide and additional revenue stream.

    On a more positive note; I spoke with a technician in the data division at Motorola today and he told me repeaatedly that there will be a firmware upgrade to the 710 in November that will add bluetooth profiles for all data transfers including transfers of multimedia files.

    I argued with him and insisted he was wrong, since Verizon would never let that happen, but he kept telling me that Verizon got tired of having all their customers complaining about the inabilty of the 710 to work with various bluetooth devices (especially the Lexus and Acura in-car navigation systems) so they decided to allow Motorola to enable all the original bluetooth profiles.

    I still think he is mistaken and that the firmware upgrade will only fix the handsfree profile, but I thought I would report it anyway.
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    I hear your point but I don't quite consider the two equal. Bluetooth is an open communications protocol. Therefore it should operate with other Bluetooth devices. If the Treo 650 HAD WiFi and it didn't work with Linksys or D-Link WiFi routers...then I think that would be an argument that is closer to mine.

    The WiFi issue is much broader than that. It relates back to power consumption and I am quite sure, concern with the carriers. Still hoping that WiFi card will work in the 650 though. Although it's not as big a feature for me personally.
    I get your analogy, but I'd argue that wifi is just as open as Bluetooth. If not, more so, because it doesn't depend on profiles that can limit it.

    I realize your argument is slightly different in that in essence the GPS (marketted by Palm) is akin to a wifi access point. However Palm doesn't make a wifi router, so you have to compare it to what routers the palm wifi card itself supports, which do include the Linksys and D-Link you mentioned. Thus it really doesn't make much sense that one Palm device with a Palm wifi card doesn't work while another one does. It's the same thing that's likely annoying you now with BT.

    And while the wifi arguments are broader they aren't entirely different. You'll notice that no bluetooth cards work with the Treo 600 which suggests to me that it's not just the power issue, it's the carriers. Further proof is that Palm's card is low-power wifi card, specifically made because of the SDIO power issues.

    I think if you look at the carrier's concerns you have your answer. I don't know if BT has a GPS profile, but if it doesn't, it probably has to open up the same window that would allow BT to be used for internet connections. If that's the case, then by letting the GPS work, they allow people to "misuse" the data connection. GPS may might just be collateral damage.
  15. #155  
    I think this particular bit of Bluetooth crippling would not be so much an effort to protect revenue streams, but to protect bandwidth. It creates a "hurdle" in using your phone as a modem to get online. Weak decision if you ask me, given that you can still get online with a cable. Seems to me it can't be worth the disadvantage of losing other Bluetooth capabilities. The more capabilities, the more interested buyers with monthly revenue potential....
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    by letting the GPS work, they allow people to "misuse" the data connection. GPS may might just be collateral damage.
    Hmmm. I don't think you need an online data connection for GPS usage (assuming the maps are stored on e.g. SD), unless it is to include e.g. real-time traffic updates. Still, should be no need to be online constantly.
  17. #157  
    He was exactly correct. Since the bluetooth gps requires the serial profile, it would allow a backdoor to the data transfer. Crippling the gps abilities is purely an accident if at all. Wait for the release before commiting suicide over this, it's quite possible Sprint will release it with full abilities.
  18. #158  
    How is the keyboard? How it been improved from the Treo600?

    THX
    jeff
  19. #159  
    Look at picture 24. Shouldn't there be an "SMS" app in between "Security" and "Software"?

    edit...

    Sorry, in pic 23 it's now called "messaging"
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20. #160  
    If bluetooth GPS is a no go, I will keep the 600 till they decide to make it work. Arrrrggh! This was the main thing I was hoping for in the 650!
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions