Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cahsdad
    Sprint has locked down bt to hands-free (headset or car) and hotsync.
    I'm guessing that the only impact of this is would be that you could not use your Treo as a PC modem without a cable? Is there any other Bluetooth funtionality out there that would be hindered?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    If the Treo 650 only allows headset, handsfree, and hotsync, would we be able to use the device with a bluetooth gps receiver?
    Jacob Javits morning and afternoon sessions. See this thread for more info.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ight=road+show

Quote Originally Posted by pixhershko
    (I expect it will be seen at the Treo Road Show in NYC on Oct 6th.)

hey newtreouser... where in nyc and what time ?
    (I expect it will be seen at the Treo Road Show in NYC on Oct 6th.)

hey newtreouser... where in nyc and what time ?
    techexpo next week

btw, i like the color
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5. mtb
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty4
    If the Treo 650 only allows headset, handsfree, and hotsync, would we be able to use the device with a bluetooth gps receiver?
    An excellent question. I hope bluetooth is not limited to those two options.
    Lefty4 - I hope it does - especially for my BT TomTom GPS device!!!
    techexpo ?
    where felipie?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    Lefty4 - I hope it does - especially for my BT TomTom GPS device!!!
    Didn't the PalmOne web site list the Treo 650 as compatible with the TomTom Bluetooth GPS they offer? This makes me think that it will be compatible with BT GPS receivers.

By-the-way, 20 MB of usable RAM is a crime. If this turns out to be true, PalmOne should be shot! It is an insult to us Treo users.
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Lactoso
    Does anyone have an idea as to why they changed the connector(s) so as to make the Treo600 peripherals incompatible? Is this just an evil marketing ploy to leech more money from us or is there an actual benefit in doing so?

Lactoso
    Word is it's the same connector as the Tungsten T|5.
    jglev - I e-mailed TomTom to ask about compbatibility using the approach as if the Treo650 already existed. Here was there response:

Customer 19/09/2004 04.58 AM
    I currently own the TomTom for my T3 w/ the bluetooth wireless. I plan on purchasing a Treo650 as soon as they are released. According to PalmOne, the package I have will also support the Treo650?! Do you know if this is correct?? Thanks! Andy

Response 20/09/2004 11.27 PM
    Dear Mr Andersen Jr,

The TomTom Navigator is not compatible with the Treo 650.

Regards

TomTom USA Customer Service
    Anyone notice the detail in the picture he took of the underlying schematic in #20 - the chair detail and thin linesa are stunning - this is going to be cool.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Does your camera have a Macro mode? If not, or if it wasn't used, that is probably what caused the out of focus shots as it appears to happen only on the close up shots...

Anyway, thanks for the pics.
    Anyone notice how big that headset jack looks? It looks like it may be the standard 3.5mm(1/8") headphone jack.
    How come people keep posting that the battery is 2000 mAh? The photos that I am looking at say 1900 mAh.

Where do you see 2000 mAh?

edit: Oh, I see there is a screen shot that says estimated capacity: 2000 mAh. I do like the estimation more than the actual numbers printed on the battery.
    Last edited by archie; 09/29/2004 at 06:00 PM.
    Archie, check out photo 008. The capacity says 2000.000.
    Lefty, check out photo 003. The capacity says 1900.000.
    techexpo ?
    where felipie?

http://www.techxny.com/

http://www.treoroadshow.com/index.htm
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    jglev - I e-mailed TomTom to ask about compbatibility using the approach as if the Treo650 already existed. Here was there response:

Customer 19/09/2004 04.58 AM
    I currently own the TomTom for my T3 w/ the bluetooth wireless. I plan on purchasing a Treo650 as soon as they are released. According to PalmOne, the package I have will also support the Treo650?! Do you know if this is correct?? Thanks! Andy

Response 20/09/2004 11.27 PM
    Dear Mr Andersen Jr,

The TomTom Navigator is not compatible with the Treo 650.

Regards

TomTom USA Customer Service
    Well, at this site: http://store.palmone.com/product/ind...ductId=1818975 it listed the Treo 650 as a compatible device, but it seems that they have removed it from the list. There was a discussion about it on this board (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=GPS) too.
    Jeff
    thanks a bunch felipe... are you going?
    I tried to registair but then they wanted 395$ for that...
    no way I am dropping four bills on that show.
    Felipe,

Thanks for the tip. I just signed up for the morning session of the Treo Roadshow in NYC on October 6 - it's free. Should be interesting - hope I get to handle a 650. Below is a link to the description of PalmOne's booth. They mention Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in the context of the family of Treo and Tungsten products. No direct mention of the 650 though.

http://www.techxny.com/exhibitor_inf...C46B6765870541
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast