Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 339
  1. #101  
    The Palm Info screen (aside from showing that PalmOne is shafting us on memory), is that the file "ADPCMCodec" is in ROM. This is an audio codec, which would be highly unusual. Why use this? One thing, which is highly speculative, is that this audio codec is most commonly used for replaying Macromedia Flash (I.E. .swf) files. Is it possible that the Treo is gaining Flash compatibility?
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Druce MacFarlane
    The Palm Info screen (aside from showing that PalmOne is shafting us on memory), is that the file "ADPCMCodec" is in ROM. This is an audio codec, which would be highly unusual. Why use this? One thing, which is highly speculative, is that this audio codec is most commonly used for replaying Macromedia Flash (I.E. .swf) files. Is it possible that the Treo is gaining Flash compatibility?

    If thats the case I hope you can turn off flash like you can with images....I dont need to see advertisements on my cell phone when surfing the web.
  3. #103  
    Hey Cashdad,

    U should receive an award for getting us this excited like we've never been bfore. Someone outside palmone is actually using the treo 650 right now!!! How good can this be???? You made my nite cashdad! i m in singapore and its 5 in the morning now. Just cant sleep, dreaming bout the treo ! Thanks a million. So you still have it with you. Could you just do us a favour and take another pic of the treo (perhaps you could off the flash to get a clearer pic . and hows the new keyboard, is it much easier to type??
  4. #104  
    Looks like the bluetooth headset is real!!! this should do it for me. I don't really care about the modem, you can already do it with the cable...

    Thank you Cashdad, now I must find a way to finance it...
  5. #105  
    BTW...our VZW rep is also mentioning a target of mid-November for Verizon release of the T650, pending some Bluetooth software bug fixes that apparently surfaced in the T-Mobile launch process. Hmmm. But then...who knows what her source is...could be the rumor mill as well.
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by scolidoc
    Looks like the bluetooth headset is real!!! this should do it for me. I don't really care about the modem, you can already do it with the cable...

    Thank you Cashdad, now I must find a way to finance it...
    Skip a car or house payment!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    BTW...our VZW rep is also mentioning a target of mid-November for Verizon release of the T650, pending some Bluetooth software bug fixes that apparently surfaced in the T-Mobile launch process. Hmmm. But then...who knows what her source is...could be the rumor mill as well.
    So VZW is delaying the release becuase T-Mobile found a bug in the software, I find this hardly unlikely that they know what the other is doing with unreleased phones.
  8. #108  
    These pics won't be removed. Looks like a Sprint/ PalmOne sacntioned leak to me.

    Thanks weeBit I mean cahsdad for the pics.

    I think the official 650 release is going to be Oct 5, and I expect it will be seen at the Treo Road Show in NYC on Oct 6th.

    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    How long will these pictures last on this web site?
  9. 7zero's Avatar
    Posts
    214 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Druce MacFarlane
    The Palm Info screen (aside from showing that PalmOne is shafting us on memory), is that the file "ADPCMCodec" is in ROM. This is an audio codec, which would be highly unusual. Why use this? One thing, which is highly speculative, is that this audio codec is most commonly used for replaying Macromedia Flash (I.E. .swf) files. Is it possible that the Treo is gaining Flash compatibility?

    Could it be for the T.V. app as seen in picture 24?

    Perhaps MobiTV will work on this device....hmmm.
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    So VZW is delaying the release becuase T-Mobile found a bug in the software, I find this hardly unlikely that they know what the other is doing with unreleased phones.
    I find anything any rep says unlikely by default.

    But this scenario is not totally unfeasible. If one carrier finds a serious bug, I am sure that gets reported back to PalmOne, and that would probably also result in a firmware update for the other carriers. Including Sprint for that matter. But perhaps Verizon takes longer to test it...as they usually do. It's no more than speculation anyway...
  11. #111  
    i'm completely satisfied with this phone but can anyone tell me if this phone has
    READY LINK for sprint. that button under the volume buttons could possibly be it, i wonder, anyways if anyone one knows or has an opinion let me know
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by 7zero
    Could it be for the T.V. app as seen in picture 24?

    Perhaps MobiTV will work on this device....hmmm.
    I'm guessing that it not only has MobiTV, but the J2ME included in the RAM (possibly why there's only 20 available (extra couple taken for J2ME)). The icon is the same icon you get for any midlet. MobiTV uses J2ME, so one could draw a reasonable conclusion this is indeed the case. Thoughts?
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by Druce MacFarlane
    The Palm Info screen (aside from showing that PalmOne is shafting us on memory), is that the file "ADPCMCodec" is in ROM. This is an audio codec, which would be highly unusual. Why use this? One thing, which is highly speculative, is that this audio codec is most commonly used for replaying Macromedia Flash (I.E. .swf) files. Is it possible that the Treo is gaining Flash compatibility?
    ADPCM is also used to reduce the size of WAV files, which is probably for ring tones and such. Before MP3 was popular, ADPCM was used a bit.
  14. #114  
    SWEET! I figured it is getting closer to the release so I better register. AWESOME work on the TREO cahsdad!!!!
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    SV/ Hengeem,

    Where is my money? Is this still a hoax?
    Who called it a hoax?
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    Looks like someone needs to training on their digital camera! Thanks for the pics!

    Joe
    Looks like someone needs to training on correct grammar...
  17. #117  
    Does anyone have an idea as to why they changed the connector(s) so as to make the Treo600 peripherals incompatible? Is this just an evil marketing ploy to leech more money from us or is there an actual benefit in doing so?

    Lactoso
  18. #118  
    Cool pics. But can anyone tell me what the other circular device is next to the camera lens? I'm under the impression it is too close to the lens to be a flash so what is it? I'm also intrigued by the RealPlayer app I saw on the 650.

    One last question, any chance of trying WebViewer on that baby? If Blazer is twice as fast on MSNBC, I can't wait to see what WebViewer can do.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  19. #119  
    (I expect it will be seen at the Treo Road Show in NYC on Oct 6th.)

    hey newtreouser... where in nyc and what time ?
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Cool pics. But can anyone tell me what the other circular device is next to the camera lens? I'm under the impression it is too close to the lens to be a flash so what is it?
    It's a mirror so you can see yourself if you're taking a picture of yourself
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."

Posting Permissions