Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Great job Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2.    #62  
    I asked. He didn't know or wouldn't say. Sorry the pictures are out of focus, I borrowed a cheap camera. Digital zoom on the camera works well and the video capture wasn't too bad either.
    It's amazing (and depressing) how happy it makes me to see those pictures.
    Life is starting to shape up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was getting pretty blue waiting on this thang to come out.
  5.    #65  
    Let me know if you have a question about any of the pics. I'll try to remember and provide more info.
    So obviously no Cobalt or EDGE.
    The pictures are great - thanks. Though, I wish you hadn't used your current Treo to take them!

Dunc
    Looks like 32MB of RAM. Can you confirm the other 32MB of flash memory?
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    So obviously no Cobalt or EDGE.
    Well at least no Cobalt...but since EDGE is a GSM thing and Sprint is not GSM...may still be hope for EDGE

...it's gonna take me awhile to get used to that color!...maybe TMobile's will be a different color?
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    I understand you can't tell us the exact specs, but can you at least give your best "guess" as to whether there is 32mb ram as well as 32mb rom. One pic shows totally memory of about 20mb which has convinced there isn't 64mb in the Treo 650.

Second, any idea whether an SD-Wifi card will work with the Treo 650?
    Thanks for the pictures and all the information you CAN pass on. Looks like I'll be moving to Sprint to upgrade my m515....almost bought a Treo 600 until I started visiting this forum and heard about the ACE. Thanks you all! I can hardly wait.
    Can you give a comparrison of the size of the 650 vs. the 600. Shorter, taller, wider, fatter, etc.? Thanks again.
    I'm just glad to actually see the removable battery is REAL!!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    How long will these pictures last on this web site?
  15. mtb
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty4
    Can you give a comparrison of the size of the 650 vs. the 600. Shorter, taller, wider, fatter, etc.? Thanks again.
    exactly what I was going to ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty4
    I understand you can't tell us the exact specs, but can you at least give your best "guess" as to whether there is 32mb ram as well as 32mb rom. One pic shows totally memory of about 20mb which has convinced there isn't 64mb in the Treo 650.

Second, any idea whether an SD-Wifi card will work with the Treo 650?
    According to this story http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/09...ten_t5_launch/ Palm might launch their T5 with more memory at the last minute. By all accounts it has at least 128 on board, and some say 256. I think Palm maybe launches with 64 because 32 is not competitive with their other devices. That's just too big a gap.

As for the wifi card we'll probably have to wait for official launch to see if there are drivers launched in parallel. For instance the Treo 600 looks plenty capable to the human eye of using a wifi. It's not until you try it that you find out that it's fubar.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Thanks for the great pics! A couple questions:

1) I see that you tested the new browser. How does it compare to T600 version of Blazer? Was there a noticable improvement in speed?

2) Did you notice any real difference in size, weight, etc. from the 600?

3) This might be a tough one given the limited time that you had with it, but could you get any sense of how battery life might be on this thing?

Thanks!!!
    The pics seem to confirm that the new removeable battery for the 650 will be 2000 mAh as compared to 1800 mAh for the Treo 600. Obviously, bluetooth, a faster processor and a high rez screen will use more battery, but considering the battery capacity is now larger as well as removeable, I can't complain.
    I guess this confirms Sprint will probably be the first with it. It will no doubt be announced very soon.

Some things I noticed:

1) Looks like there is more room for a standard headset jack. The opening looks flatter and wider.
    2) It looks like the memory is the same as the 600. I could just make out of 11 MB of 20 something available on the info screen. I am guessing 20 or 24 available. Sigh.
    3) They kept the dark number dialing keys. The keyboard keys in the other 650 photo were all white. Good call P1!

Would have liked to see a pic posted that was taken with the actual camera.

Thanks for all the info. How come you got the sneak preview? Does your company buy a lot of them or something ?
    I don't think it's obvious that all those things will use more battery. If the high rez is less bright (as I expect it to be) it shouldn't use more battery. If the faster processor is more efficient (as I expect it to be) it should use some more battery, but be able to conserve it when it's not in active use (the CPU doesn't need to work hard if it's in your pocket). Likewise if you aren't using bluetooth it shouldn't use any more battery. Thus you should get more standby time from the 2000mAh, and probably about the same when it's in normal use. You'll probably get less time if you streaming a lot over bluetooth and/or doing a lot of processor intensive applications.
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast