Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    i smell a scam
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Kai
    i smell a scam
    I agree 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by cahsdad
    My Sprint rep just dropped off a new 650 for a one hour play date. The resolution, a removable battery and no more unscrewing the stylus to reset is worth the price.

Now if I only had a bluetooth device to play with...

He would not find me for a few days!!!!!
    scam!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derelict
    I agree 100%.
    You guys probably don't trust your own mothers!

If you had it for an hour what would you do with your time? Post photos and details on TreoCensored or play with the damn phone?

If there are no details and photos( useful to see if they match the original photos BMAC) by days end, then let him have it!

Lighten up Frances
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    You guys probably don't trust your own mothers!

If you had it for an hour what would you do with your time? Post photos and details on TreoCensored or play with the damn phone?

If there are no details and photos( useful to see if they match the original photos BMAC) by days end, then let him have it!

Lighten up Frances
    I don't trust my mother. Trust me, if you met her you'd know what I mean.

You're right, he gets another couple of hours
    I agree with specl. If I had a 650 right now, you guys would be the last thing on my mind. I'd be playing with it and THEN getting to TC when I had to give it back.

Relax and maybe we'll get more. It hasnt even been an hour yet.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Sorry...just too excited I guess
    Sprint has locked down bt to hands-free (headset or car) and hotsync.

UGH! That would utterly suck soooo bad that I think it may force me to cancel my Sprint contract and finally go over to a GSM provider. GSM Treo ACE with Edge and no BT restrictions would sound mighty tempting...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Why do people want pictures? I've seen it from every angle. I'll take one new picture as proof that you actually have it, and then give us answers to the question about what the phone can do. More specs and stuff like that.

Pics would be nice to validate the posters authenticity so we know he isn't just scamming others on this board!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Yes...pictures Please...both of the 650 and taken by the 650's camera. And any confirmation of EDGE???
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Kai
    I don't trust my mother. Trust me, if you met her you'd know what I mean.

You're right, he gets another couple of hours

Another couple of hours?? He's probably at work. Let's just give the guy a break, allow for some time and then ask tomorrow if we've haven't seen anything. I know we're anxious, but can't we be reasonable, too??
    That Sprint guy is going to get it from the Palm guys in black!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    Really now, How long do you think it will take till someone comes up with an "unlock" to this? I think Mol is working on it right now!
    It's not that simple. Without the DUN profile, you can't use the Treo as a modem. It's not a matter of unlocking.

I think the OP is trying to pull the wool over our eyes though.
    just to query a point on this thread, what's the problem with having a stereo handsfree? just use a four ring 2.5 mm plug. If the 650 doesn't have that it'll be a point against in my book. only 1 point, but if the headset still isn't properly integrated that'll move to 5 points (on my scoring tally)
    I want to know how it works as a phone please?
    Animo et Fide
    Sprint has locked down bt to hands-free (headset or car) and hotsync.

Then Sprint has really effed themselves....I think this a breaking point for many people who would switch to another provider (ex. Tmobile). Sure the data may be a little slower, and the price a bit more, but to be truly wireless with BT is a big draw, esp. when you need to get online in a pinch.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Pics would be nice to validate the posters authenticity so we know he isn't just scamming others on this board!
    Exactly, that's why I said, I'd take "one new picture as proof" it's not a scam, and then just list specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Then Sprint has really effed themselves....I think this a breaking point for many people who would switch to another provider (ex. Tmobile). [i]Sure the data may be a little slower, and the price a bit more, but to be truly wireless with BT is a big draw, esp. when you need to get online in a pinch.
    But the data WON'T be slower if the GSM does indeed support EDGE (hopefully that is)! If the rumors about Sprint bastardizing the BT functionality are true, I be the first in line to dumping my stupid Sprint contract and getting Tmo/Cingular asap...

Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    just to query a point on this thread, what's the problem with having a stereo handsfree? just use a four ring 2.5 mm plug. If the 650 doesn't have that it'll be a point against in my book. only 1 point, but if the headset still isn't properly integrated that'll move to 5 points (on my scoring tally)
    I want to know how it works as a phone please?
    I don't know the tech specs of rings and sizes of holes. I was just spitting out what I'd read on these boards before that it's really one or the other. So you are saying that a 4 ring 2.5 mm hole would support most existing handsfree and stereo headsets on the market without an adapter? That would be very cool if that's the case. I don't want to get into something where I have to have special headsets or special handsfree type plugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMan
    It's not that simple. Without the DUN profile, you can't use the Treo as a modem. It's not a matter of unlocking.

I think the OP is trying to pull the wool over our eyes though.
    First, what or who is OP?

Second, It that is the case, is a profile something that can be written like a driver?

Third. if it isn't that easy why wouldn't Sprint just come up with a new plan that that details usage and they charge for pig-like usage of such service? Talk about pissing away a revenue stream!

Fourth, why am I getting worked up over this? I don't plan to do much internet via PC usage. I have PDAnet now and only use it out in the wilderness somewhere.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast