Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast
    oh crap, the GSP 650 has done away with the different color number keys on the keyboard? thats gonna be a problem.... at least it looks like the 5/F still has a raised bump on it.. hmmm... oh well =/
    And I was just thinking how come Sprint can't have that really useful GSM keyboard where all the keys are equally brightly lighted.
    Now that I compared the two colors, the 600 grey looks better than the new 650 blue. And the blue antenna has really got to go!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I'm actually assuming that the GSM 650 keyboard was a trial version and P1 decided to keep the different color number keys for the release version. The Sprint photos are more recent and likely to represent a closer match to the release version than the GSM 650 photos.
    Funny how opinions can differ on that keyboard. When I played with a T600, the one thing that really annoyed me was how typing on the keyboard got more difficult because of the different colors...my brain simply could not see the set of keys as a whole anymore. Was really hoping they'd stick with that one-color keyboard for the T650. Oh well. I guess the majority thinks different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    That would be after October 25th? By then we've all seen everything, Marcus. Still, I'm green of envy because you have a preview model and we don't
    On the 25th. Neither PalmOne or Sprint plans to send us the phone in advance (they are concerned about further leaks in general). However, Michael and myself will be on location in San Francisco for the official annoucement, and we will get a unit for a couple of hours for a hands-on review time published in the afternoon.

Unconfirmed: The 650 may be a Sprint exclusive for "several months".
    I hope that is not true about exclusivity for several months. That would drive me batty. Also a stupid move because more and more smart phones are coming out every day. They are only giving current customers more time to think about jumping ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    I hope that is not true about exclusivity for several months. That would drive me batty. Also a stupid move because more and more smart phones are coming out every day. They are only giving current customers more time to think about jumping ship.

Palm might not have a choice in the matter...this could be part of the deal from the previous funding.

Either way...glad im on sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Thanks
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    Thanks
    You're welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty4
    If the Treo 650 only allows headset, handsfree, and hotsync, would we be able to use the device with a bluetooth gps receiver?
    and fax service too I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    the blue looks nice. now it comes down to the mpx and the p1 650
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Dudes, drop everything and head to Chattanooga, and pronto!

There's a Treo 650 in the Sprint Store on 2108 Hamilton Place Blvd.
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/5855307974239497
    Christmas release it says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    the blue looks nice. now it comes down to the mpx and the p1 650
    you know what? i bet they made the treo 650 blue in order to compete with the blackberry!! seriously. that blue color really resembles the blackberry 7290 if you compare the two.
    i bet the choice to go blue was entirely a marketing play.. to make it look as close to the red hot blackberry as they could, blurring the line between the two, almost making people either buy the treo instead or to switch to a treo... blackberry connect is coming to the treo soon anyway....
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    you know what? i bet they made the treo 650 blue in order to compete with the blackberry!! seriously. that blue color really resembles the blackberry 7290 if you compare the two.
    i bet the choice to go blue was entirely a marketing play.. to make it look as close to the red hot blackberry as they could, blurring the line between the two, almost making people either buy the treo instead or to switch to a treo... blackberry connect is coming to the treo soon anyway....
    Or maybe blackberry made theirs blue knowing that Palm was going it with on the follow up of the successful Treo 600? Let the conspiracies begin.

Seriously, it can't be more than a coincidence. Designs have to come out far in advance. Plus the new blackberry isn't anything close to red hot. Awkward and only works for one carrier, not 5. The two phones look nothing like each other.
    fair enough. you're probably right. I went out on a limb on that one.
    i never thought about the color being an issue with the competition? it is amazing how much thought and money goes into these devices---
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Or maybe blackberry made theirs blue knowing that Palm was going it with on the follow up of the successful Treo 600? Let the conspiracies begin.

Seriously, it can't be more than a coincidence. Designs have to come out far in advance. Plus the new blackberry isn't anything close to red hot. Awkward and only works for one carrier, not 5. The two phones look nothing like each other.
    Here's something for you....

The new Sprint Blackberry is actually black!! I've seen it.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    I was debating treobk214's information that said it was blue.